Early birds?

that sounds far too technical for me. I was wondering if they started incubating before I got them as they came from a friends free range quail and it has been very hot here. Should I move lock down forward? if so how would I adjust the brinsea . HELP!!!!

that sounds far too technical for me. I was wondering if they started incubating before I got them as they came from a friends free range quail and it has been very hot here. Should I move lock down forward? if so how would I adjust the brinsea . HELP!!!!
It’s possible that they were growing before you got them, but it’s impossible to know if they all were. You could candle them, but if you’re new to this, you won’t have a comparison in your mind to judge by. Also if they are close to hatching, you don’t want to open the incubator. I’d say it’s a judgement call, and if an egg is rockin and rollin on day 12 it doesn’t bode well for overall success.

Calibrating a thermometer is as easy as ice in a glass. There are tutorials here if you search which can teach you all about calibrating your equipment simply, with stuff you have at home.

If one is ready and the rest arent, the dilemma is getting the humidity right for the one that is ready, and not making it too high for the ones that are not. Maybe because they came from the same source they are all around the same stage of development? Check out the article on this site with lots pics for candling if its helpful:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ion-through-incubation-of-chicken-eggs.47879/

Back
Top Bottom