Early February 2016 Hatch - Who's In?

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by CoopDeDoo, Jan 8, 2016.

1. RookyChickMama

RookyChickMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2014
    Texas
    Hello I'm a little late to join in, I'm hatching a dozen game chicks. Due feb 3, so today is day 7. I set 13, but when I checked last night only 12 were viable. I'm using the little giant I got from tsc. It's the newer model with the digital temp and humidity levels on top. So far it's working great! Holding steady temp of 99.5!

2. CoopDeDoo

CoopDeDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2011
    NW Washington State
    Welcome [​IMG] and yay! on 12 eggs going strong! Thanks for the info on your incubator - most of us are "window" shopping for another option. LF or bantam games?

3. Naliez

Naliez Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2015
    I recently hatched 7 OEGB out of that same incubator! Worked great!

1 person likes this.
  4. RookyChickMama

RookyChickMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2014
    Texas

Thanks! There LF, mixed breeds, as with most game fowl! I love all their pretty coloring!

5. Gone-Quackers

Gone-Quackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2015
    Des Moines, IA
    I'm hoping for a late February hatch. My friend needs 15 ducks at 12 wks of age for her herding trial in May. Of course, the ducks just started laying this week. Hoping they start to lay like crazy and I can collect eggs next week for the incubator. Lower fertility the first 2 wks I know, but what can you do? I need them hatched by the end of Feb. So I'm following this post although it won't be an "early" Feb hatch. [​IMG] And yes, I'll be ordering my incubator this week.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  6. CoopDeDoo

Feb 8, 2011
    NW Washington State
    Welcome [​IMG] What incubator are you getting? We have another duck incubator here too :)

7. CoopDeDoo

Feb 8, 2011
    NW Washington State
    They do produce some beautiful birds [​IMG]

8. Gone-Quackers

Gone-Quackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2015
    Des Moines, IA
    I'm planning to buy the 48 egg havobactor incubator kit with egg turner etc. that is available for $128 on Amazon thru Incubator warehouse. Hoping to get the order put in today. I haven't hatched eggs since I was 17 yrs old so very excited! It has a high rating on Amazon and seems to have a good reputation despite the stryofoam. [​IMG]

9. beetandsteet

beetandsteet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2015
    SE Texas
    The hovabator incubators are the best styro bators on the market! They're next on my farm's "wish list" :)

10. raisechickens

raisechickens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2015
    TurkenMomma - I have just started incubating and have completed 2 hatches and I have a 75%+ hatch rate using a $70 plastic Chinese incubator I got off eBay. They are yellow, have an egg turner, digital humidity and temp readout, and hold 48 eggs. I put a temp probe in almost every egg holder and found that there are about 10 or so places where the temp varies about .3 to .5 degree Celsius. All the other spots are dead on after you calibrate the unit. Don't know if I lucked out and got the only good one made or if all of them are about the same quality but I love mine. I add a little water every 3 days or so and that is it. Very low maintenance.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by