Early February 2016 Hatch - Who's In?

Got home from class last night and the incubator had spiked to 101:barnie Adjusted it the tiniest little bit - went to bed two hours later and it was holding study at 99.1 - got up this morning and it was 97 :he Adjusted the tiniest bit again... have to work all day - keep your fingers crossed for the eggs that they won't fried by tonight :fl
101 isn't so bad i wouldnt worry too much friend :)
I actually run my hatches at 100 degrees. I had a 106 temp spike for 20 minutes on the last hatch--no losses. Will be praying for your babies!!! It's a killer when you have to leave an incubator that is not at the right temp.

101 isn't so bad i wouldnt worry too much friend
smile.png

I actually run my hatches at 100 degrees. I had a 106 temp spike for 20 minutes on the last hatch--no losses. Will be praying for your babies!!! It's a killer when you have to leave an incubator that is not at the right temp.

It was running right around 100 before the spike - that's what had me concerned and why I adjusted - didn't want it to go any higher. Sitting at 98.8 right now and I am off to work
sad.png
Thanks for the reassurance and prayers!

Candled my 6 mutt eggs today that were set last Friday, and was really disappointed to find 4 infertile. This weather must have the fertility way low. The other two are developing nicely with good air cells! Hoping I have a better fertility rate with the welsumers

These just arrived yesterday. I've had terrible luck hatching shipped eggs in the past, but these actually came from within the same state, so not as rough of a trip. I only have 6, so hopefully I'll get a couple to hatch! These are Ancona ducks, our first! My other attempts were with shipped Seramas, so definitely had the odds stacked against us. I can't wait to candle them again in a week!

Beetandsteet- calibrate at the dead center of the unit. I first calibrated my thermometer using the ice water method then put it in the center. The unit comes with instructions on how to calibrate and it was easy. My unit was off by .3 degrees Celsius. The humidity reading is off by about 5-10 percentage points so I rely on a calibrated hygrometer for humidity.

Back
Top Bottom