Early Lockdown

Cochin4000

In the Brooder
May 10, 2020
So I found a nest of eggs hidden in our coop a couple weeks ago and the temperature here is hot enough to where they were incubating the whole time. They’re in an actual store bought incubator now, but all of the eggs are on different days of development. I also don’t know exactly what day they are on. So far I have what I think is an egg on day 18 and another egg on day 14. I need to put the incubator on lockdown for the later developed eggs, but I still need the incubator “open” for the early developed eggs. Any advice on what to do. Do you think it matters if the eggs go on lockdown a little early?

So I found a nest of eggs hidden in our coop a couple weeks ago and the temperature here is hot enough to where they were incubating the whole time. They’re in an actual store bought incubator now, but all of the eggs are on different days of development. I also don’t know exactly what day they are on. So far I have what I think is an egg on day 18 and another egg on day 14. I need to put the incubator on lockdown for the later developed eggs, but I still need the incubator “open” for the early developed eggs. Any advice on what to do. Do you think it matters if the eggs go on lockdown a little early?
What day does the youngest look to be?
Is it possible for you to buy a second incubator to transfer the older ones to for lockdown?

Can you post your candling pictures?
328B2755-AD17-4B01-BB4E-C514E7E4396D.jpeg

Sorry for the low quality photos, it’s hard to really see in the eggs specially with only one hand around the light. The egg with the four on it is the youngest egg, and the egg with no number is the oldest egg. You can’t hardly see anything but the air cell in the oldest chick’s egg, but the youngest one still has veins and movement visible.
E23F8406-38E3-4C3B-B117-35D2159D3CC2.jpeg
328B2755-AD17-4B01-BB4E-C514E7E4396D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom