Early morning attack, Please help!

Put her in a place where she can have no worries. Support her head and neck. You might want to stretch her neck out all the way to make sure it’s ok. don’t recommend Gatorade because of all the sugar and dyes! But there is a thing for chickens, forget the name, but it gives them electrolights. Also give her lots of Grogel Plus B mixed with apple cider vinegar

Last edited:
I sure hope so. Every time I think I'm done blubbering, something makes me think of her and I start again. But sleep is something I need, since I have to be up in 6hrs.
I have been there with both my animals, and with losing people that I love. Each person deals with loss differently, and although maybe not the healthiest method, I have just started using what I call my “shopping cart” method. I am somewhat indecisive when I shop and tend to put things in my grocery cart and just wheel them around until I am forced to think about it and have to choose whether I want to buy it. I tend to do the same thing with emotionally stressful things....I just put the things that are difficult to think about into my emotional shopping cart and wheel it around in my brain until it is easier to think about and deal with. Some days are just easier to think about these things than others. You should put this into your emotional cart until at least tomorrow and try to get some much needed rest tonight. Each day will get easier and less painful to think about.

I sure hope so. Every time I think I'm done blubbering, something makes me think of her and I start again. But sleep is something I need, since I have to be up in 6hrs.
You may cry yourself to sleep, do it if you need to, but things will seem a little brighter in the morning. She's in a better place, and you have the rest of your chooks to enjoy. Give them extra snuggles tomorrow. :)

Put her in a place where she can have no worries. Support her head and neck. You might want to stretch her neck all the way to make sure it’s ok. don’t recommend Gatorade because of all the sugar and dyes! But there is a thing for chickens, forget the name, but it gives them electrolights. Also give her lots of Grogel Plus B mixed with apple cider vinegar
Marty actually passed away already. Thanks for trying to help though.

@hispoptart. I saw that you were using eggs as bait for your trap. I use marshmallows or if I don't have marshmallows, I take a small cottage cheese container, put some dry cat food in it, cut some holes in the top, put the top back on and set a little container of water next to it. Raccoons being raccoons will go after the bait, wash it and in the act of moving around will trigger the trap. Especially with the small holes cut in the cat food container. Dog food will work as well. I've read where they also like canned tuna. They seem to be attracted to things with scent to them.

I caught a coon last week using this method. No birds lost but it tore the crap out of my feed and supply area of my coop.

About a year ago, I was coming home from work. My husband had gotten home before me and had to let the dogs out. One of our dogs was small and only weighed 15 pounds. Unfortunately, as I came into the garage he got under my tire and I ran him over right in front of my 11-year-old son. I had the hardest time with that because I knew that I was responsible even though I didn’t mean to. The point is, we love our animals and we try to give them everything we can. I know that even though it was an accident, he died knowing that he was loved. The same for your hen, Marty. She knew that you loved her. Grieving is a natural thing. It will get easier. The support on this site is AMAZING.

About a year ago, I was coming home from work. My husband had gotten home before me and had to let the dogs out. One of our dogs was small and only weighed 15 pounds. Unfortunately, as I came into the garage he got under my tire and I ran him over right in front of my 11-year-old son. I had the hardest time with that because I knew that I was responsible even though I didn’t mean to. The point is, we love our animals and we try to give them everything we can. I know that even though it was an accident, he died knowing that he was loved. The same for your hen, Marty. She knew that you loved her. Grieving is a natural thing. It will get easier. The support on this site is AMAZING.
That is a tough one, @Kdlevesque. I'm so sorry that happened to you. :hugsOne of our dogs, barely a year old, slipped through a gap in our fence and tried to chase down the neighbor's truck. He slammed on the breaks and managed to bump her with the front bumper. She rolled a good one and headed for home at warp 9. Vet suspected she broke her pelvis but she healed and is now 6 years old. She has a bit of a hitch in her get along at times and some arthritis from the injury but otherwise fine and no longer seeks adventures outside her own yard. Tough lesson to learn and I saw it happen so I can sympathize with your ordeal.

But remember, that is why they are called accidents.

@hispoptart. I saw that you were using eggs as bait for your trap. I use marshmallows or if I don't have marshmallows, I take a small cottage cheese container, put some dry cat food in it, cut some holes in the top, put the top back on and set a little container of water next to it. Raccoons being raccoons will go after the bait, wash it and in the act of moving around will trigger the trap. Especially with the small holes cut in the cat food container. Dog food will work as well. I've read where they also like canned tuna. They seem to be attracted to things with scent to them.

I caught a coon last week using this method. No birds lost but it tore the crap out of my feed and supply area of my coop.

Thanks for the suggestions, Right now I have marshmallows, a raw egg and seafood cat food in there. Nothing yet and no tracks in the flour. I'm sure glad you caught the coon and didn't loss any birds.

Back
Top Bottom