early signs of being a roo?

Pics

kelzey

Songster
Aug 14, 2020
newfoundland and labrador, canada
my two babies will be 2 weeks old on tuesday, i’m pretty sure. they are getting way more active now and i’ve seen that they have been flapping their wings and almost like chest bumping each other? they are very sweet and love to cuddle, but is that a sign that they are both little roos? if breed matters, they are either frizzled cochin or silkie, but i’m not quite sure yet.

my two babies will be 2 weeks old on tuesday, i’m pretty sure. they are getting way more active now and i’ve seen that they have been flapping their wings and almost like chest bumping each other? they are very sweet and love to cuddle, but is that a sign that they are both little roos? if breed matters, they are either frizzled cochin or silkie, but i’m not quite sure yet.
Pullets and hens will also chest bump ☺️

Well, people say that roosters are super nice when they are chicks. Mine would hop right onto me when I called his name. Of course, that was before he grew up. At last, it's better to tell by their feather shape, comb, and leg thickness.

Pictures please
4D96AB46-687A-4D81-B4AE-428E935A40A6.jpeg

They are adorable! I'm not seeing anything screaming boy right now. It is very early to tell anything for sure though.
yeah i figured! i’m just hoping that at least one of them is a pullet. they are certainly little characters, it’s only my second time raising chicks and watching them grow & develop their own little personalities is just so much fun.

Back
Top Bottom