Easter Egg layers, where to buy them

Hi, I bought my EE's from Poultry Palace in Placerville. http://www.thepoultrypalace.com/ Jay his name owner, sells baby chicks as well as 7-8 week old pullets. I bought the 7-8 week olds, I didn't want to do the baby chicks. Both lay blue/green eggs. You would have to ask him about the chicken who lays olive eggs. They have list posted outside their store when and what kinds of chickens they will have available. Also, you can order what you prefer. They are located in a funny area, behind a mechanic shop, coming from Somerset it's on the right side before Front Yard Nursery on left, their address is 5694C, Motherload Dr. Pville.

Hope this helps, Let me know if you have any luck.
Oh, you asked for EE's, not thinking they probably are not Ameraucana's? I don't know if there is a difference. I got two Ameraucana's. But, you could ask Poultry Palace about EE's if there is a difference. I'm very happy with my Ameraucana's, beautiful eggs. The birds are a tad smaller than full grown birds but lay every day.

Awesome! I do know the Poultry Palace, met them at the home and garden show this past year and they got me started with Bar Ale feed, great stuff. I'll be calling them first thing in the morning, thanks for the info! And best of luck with your new chickens :D

Awesome! I do know the Poultry Palace, met them at the home and garden show this past year and they got me started with Bar Ale feed, great stuff. I'll be calling them first thing in the morning, thanks for the info! And best of luck with your new chickens
big_smile.png
Hi 11squawkers, what kinds of chickens do you have? We have 5 hens, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Ameraucanas, 1 Australorp. We recently lost our Welsummer from a hawk. She was our favorite laying dark brown eggs with speckles. In the future we will get another one, great temperament.

We have put a wire roof over the run and they are secure now.

I found out EE's are different than Ameraucanas. Called mutts, mixed bred with Araucana and other breeds. Their combs are a cross between pea and straight shape, Ameraucanas are pea shaped comb. So now I know, plus they can lay many different colors. I'll ask Jay at PP if he has any. Also, let me know if you get any from him. I'm not ready now, but in the future.

Thats good to know about the combs of the breed types. I'm still learning, I've had my flock for 1 year now as of March 21st. And I'd like to add around 4 more to my flock. Im sorry to hear about your recent loss. Since there are so many hawks and predatory birds I have trained my dog to look up and bark if he sees anything. He'll bark at planes too though, but he has learned to read the birds signal for danger and will bark when he hears it. Its kind of funny.

Our flock of 10 consists of 3 hens, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Jersey giant, and 1 Barnevelder.
And 7 guinea fowl, 3 females and 4 males but 1 male is handicap with a slipped tendon and can only use 1 leg. He stays in the coop most times.

I guess as of right now I'm not particular about breed as much as egg color right now. Just as far as not needing a pure breed or anything. So either EE or Ameraucanas, if there's a difference, would be fine with me as long as they lay other than brown eggs. I'm going to call tomorrow to see what they have at PP. I like getting babies, so darn cute! Thanks again for the info. Ill let you know what I end up getting :cd

Here are my new babies! Picked them up at Poultry Palace yesterday. Got 2 Easter Eggers, 2 Danish Brown Leghorns, 1 Partridge Rock, and 1 Light Brahma. Jay was there and got lots of great info from him. They had a few other breeds including Rhode Island Reds, New Hampshires, Golden Spangled Hamburgs, and maybe some others, but he said he will have Marans and Wyandotte pullets available mid April. He also said they're getting kicked out of their current location soon and will be relocating, not sure where yet though. They'll be at the Auburn home show but not the Placerville one, bummer. I always loved visiting their exhibit area and seeing the various chickens they'd bring.

Here are my new babies! Picked them up at Poultry Palace yesterday. Got 2 Easter Eggers, 2 Danish Brown Leghorns, 1 Partridge Rock, and 1 Light Brahma. Jay was there and got lots of great info from him. They had a few other breeds including Rhode Island Reds, New Hampshires, Golden Spangled Hamburgs, and maybe some others, but he said he will have Marans and Wyandotte pullets available mid April. He also said they're getting kicked out of their current location soon and will be relocating, not sure where yet though. They'll be at the Auburn home show but not the Placerville one, bummer. I always loved visiting their exhibit area and seeing the various chickens they'd bring.

What cuties and so glad Jay had some for you. Thank you for mentioning his location relocating, I'll have to go by and find out where they will be moving. You have some babies I don't have and may research them sometime, but for now happy with my 6. Keep me posted on how the babies do.

Back
Top Bottom