What do you call this?

And I STILL think he is magnificent. Yes, please work on that NPIP thing, I'd buy eggs. Or chicks, if I thought they would look like him. Unfortunately, EEs don't breed true, sigh...
Those ones will at least breed true for the lavender gene.
It's recessive, so if both parents show it, then all chicks will also show it.

As regards the other traits, I can't tell by looking at the pictures of the parents, but hatching the chicks will probably tell quite a bit about how much variation they do (or don't) carry.

Those ones will at least breed true for the lavender gene.
It's recessive, so if both parents show it, then all chicks will also show it.

As regards the other traits, I can't tell by looking at the pictures of the parents, but hatching the chicks will probably tell quite a bit about how much variation they do (or don't) carry.
Thanks, Nat, that's good to know!

Chicken math is REAL!! I keep buying chicks and poults I don't need when I already have more than enough of my own that I'm keeping, lol.
I've got 6 lavender ee hens in with him so I will have a steady supply for a long while. I have 2 big hatches on the 7th and 14th of April

Chicken math is REAL!! I keep buying chicks and poults I don't need when I already have more than enough of my own that I'm keeping, lol.
I've got 6 lavender ee hens in with him so I will have a steady supply for a long while. I have 2 big hatches on the 7th and 14th of April
Let me know when you have a hatch. NPIP regs don't forbid me from coming to get, do they? GirlChild says she will help me with the driving. Road Trip! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom