Easter Egger At six weeks - Rooster?

pjotf

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2023
I’m in NE Texas and just built (put together) my first coop and had a guy come over and build a 10 x 16 run around the coop because in our city to have chickens they have to be totally enclosed. The coop said for 10-15 chickens, but that could only be correct just for roosting! I bought 8 chicks with 4 of them being EEs as well as a Welbar, Speckled Sussex, Golden Laced Wyandotte and an Olive Egger. I wanted different colored eggs! Can you tell if this is a rooster based on the red/rust colored feathers? I was told it was a female, but now I’m wondering if they were incorrect because of posts I have read here. I look forward to learning more from this site. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_4128.png
    IMG_4128.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 62
I’m in NE Texas and just built (put together) my first coop and had a guy come over and build a 10 x 16 run around the coop because in our city to have chickens they have to be totally enclosed. The coop said for 10-15 chickens, but that could only be correct just for roosting! I bought 8 chicks with 4 of them being EEs as well as a Welbar, Speckled Sussex, Golden Laced Wyandotte and an Olive Egger. I wanted different colored eggs! Can you tell if this is a rooster based on the red/rust colored feathers? I was told it was a female, but now I’m wondering if they were incorrect because of posts I have read here. I look forward to learning more from this site. Thanks in advance!
Yes that's definitely a male, and welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom