Easter Egger Boy or Girl?

Peaches Lee

Crowing
13 Years
Sep 19, 2010
Pennsylvania
This is Sweet Brown. She (I think?) is about 15 weeks old. She was with her brother who at 8 weeks old crowed and is most definitely a cockerel. However, Sweet Brown has beat up her brother more than once. She has never crowed to my knowledge but is quite mean to other chickens, has very pretty tail plumage and is a good size. She does not have any spur nubs and her comb is quite pale compared to her brother's. So, I am at a loss, I would like to either integrate her, or if she's a boy, find a new home or something. Thank you for your help. :)

Todays picture.

At about seven weeks old I'm guessing.

Here she is with her brother.

This is Sweet Brown. She (I think?) is about 15 weeks old. She was with her brother who at 8 weeks old crowed and is most definitely a cockerel. However, Sweet Brown has beat up her brother more than once. She has never crowed to my knowledge but is quite mean to other chickens, has very pretty tail plumage and is a good size. She does not have any spur nubs and her comb is quite pale compared to her brother's. So, I am at a loss, I would like to either integrate her, or if she's a boy, find a new home or something. Thank you for your help. :)

Todays picture.

At about seven weeks old I'm guessing.

Here she is with her brother.
Pullet

Last edited:
Can you get some side pictures? For 15 weeks the comb is not that red but there are those patchy red feathers on the back, in the first picture I am pretty sure I see a couple of red saddle feathers coming in, and the tail feathers look rooish.

Sorry, that' a young rooster. Easter eggers, especially multi colored birds, are pretty easy to sex by color. That patchy, flashy color is male. Plus the sickle, hackle and saddle feathers you can just see starting. The pea comb will never be a large and bold as the straight comb, but it will get larger and redder.

Donrae--yes, the feather pattern is what is making me question about being a roo.
hmm.png
Plus the attitude, but I would have thought there would be more crowing considering she was quite dominant over her brother who was crowing. Very weird LOL!

Hello everyone, just wanted to give an official update. Sweet Brown is a BOY!!! He crowed twice today! Little stinker anyway--thank you all so much for your input!

Back
Top Bottom