Easter Egger club!

Hi! Hoping to be joining the club this year with EE bantams. I really can't wait. It will be our first time owning chickens. We're still in the planning-to-build-the-coop stage and I am feeling soooo impatient now that chicks are becoming available.
yippiechickie.gif

I want 'em NOW! LOL!

Hi! Hoping to be joining the club this year with EE bantams. I really can't wait. It will be our first time owning chickens. We're still in the planning-to-build-the-coop stage and I am feeling soooo impatient now that chicks are becoming available.
yippiechickie.gif

I want 'em NOW! LOL!

Do what others do when chicken math hits -- get the chicks first and then like crazy hurry to build the coop! Getting the chicks first is good incentive to get the coop completed fast LOL!

That is soooooo tempting! Luckily I can't get them locally or I probably would have. ;)

Chickens are very addictive LOL! Six years ago I picked out my first two Partridge Silkies day-old chicks in April (they were a free gift) and my friend raised them for me while we were finishing remodel on the house. I missed raising them as chicks but got to visit them often. In October we finally got the first little coop in place and brought home the Silkies. We only meant to have two Silkies as pets w/ eggs as a side bonus but then we started adding large fowl egg layers like Leghorn, Marans, and Ameraucana. Had to re-home the assertive Legs and Marans and just kept the docile Ameraucana w/ the Silkies. Today we still have two old Silkies, lost the Ameraucana to heatwave, and now have a docile Breda w/ the two old Silkies. Breda are so docile we are getting another Breda this Spring -- great egg-layers and non-combative w/ flockmates.

It's been a few years since I've posted on this thread - when we got our first EE's!

Wondering if anyone has gotten any EE's from Estes. The local Orsheln is supposed to get some this Friday. My only EE's I bought from someone I met on backyard chickens, but I really need them sexed this time. I already have too many roos! I've heard good things about Estes EEs. Would love to see some pics if you have any.

Back
Top Bottom