Easter Egger club!

Feed can spoil if it's left kicken around in the back of the store before they put it out for sale. I've known people who've had this happen to :( we only buy a bag at a time and check it over carefully just to be safe. But we also only have chicks so a 50lb bag lasted us 2 months.

I had just bought it that morning and it had looked fine. Wasn't fun. Sent some to pen state to get tested to find out for sure.

I had just bought it that morning and it had looked fine. Wasn't fun. Sent some to pen state to get tested to find out for sure.

Keep us posted. If it does end up bad do you mind if I ask if you bought it at a feed & farm store or a more larger more conglomerate store like Tractor supply? I worry sometimes when I buy feed, but the brand we buy is always selling and being restocked more often than not when we're in. They've even sold out a few times.

I am skeptic as to feed from places like TSC and others by how they transoprt to local stores they put it in trucks along side of pallets of peaticide and other chemicals that can harm the birds. I'm actually lucky that the feed I buy is mfg locally at FRM feeds and I know they deliver straight to the store I buy from. Actually almost all of he FRM feeds are delivered in FRM trucks

I am skeptic as to feed from places like TSC and others by how they transoprt to local stores they put it in trucks along side of pallets of peaticide and other chemicals that can harm the birds. I'm actually lucky that the feed I buy is mfg locally at FRM feeds and I know they deliver straight to the store I buy from. Actually almost all of he FRM feeds are delivered in FRM trucks

Sorry I don't know who FRM is? I feel like an idiot asking but what's it stand for?
I feed Natura (not sure I spelled it right). I buy from my locally owned small farm and yard store. I buy all my pet food from there. I like the all natural and holistic option, I buy the same for my cat and doggies. The only down side sometimes to my local one is that once in a while they are sold out of the pet and bird food I buy and I have to wait until they get more in, but I try not to wait till I'm completely out just in case. But I'd like to l know who FRM is because ya never know I may want to use them if I can find it near myself.

Hi! This is Mrs Henny Penny

Just checking in! Our coop-in-progress/run is coming along swimmingly!

My girls enjoying time in the prefab coop... their temp. home until everything is complete! They officially got moved out of the kiddie pool in the spare bedroom and into this coop on Saturday!

Yesterday we got the window and chicken door (an old doggie door!) put in to the hinged door on the home made coop. We also got all the pallets lined with chicken wire. Next is to add the support beams and roof! We will also be cutting a door in the prefab coop so it will also lead into the run! Then, last, I'll be painting everything to help protect it from the elements!

Last edited:
Just checking in! Our coop-in-progress/run is coming along swimmingly! My girls enjoying time in the prefab coop... their temp. home until everything is complete! They officially got moved out of the kiddie pool in the spare bedroom and into this coop on Saturday! Yesterday we got the window and chicken door (an old doggie door!) put in to the hinged door on the home made coop. We also got all the pallets lined with chicken wire. Next is to add the support beams and roof! We will also be cutting a door in the prefab coop so it will also lead into the run! Then, last, I'll be painting everything to help protect it from the elements!
Looking good. It looks so nice outside, so envious right now. We had wet, heavy (some damaging-not anything important at least) snow/nasty stuff keeping our outside progress at bay over the weekend. Hoping the weather fairs up sooner rather than later as I'd love to get the new ladies outside soon. At 5 weeks they are still not feathered enough to handle the cold well.

Back
Top Bottom