Easter Egger club!

Here's my latest Pictures of my Easter Eggers. The first is Heinlein my Rooster, THe little white one is Honor who's the smallest and cutest of all, Then Jules , Tolkien, Leia in a group photo and last is group photo that has Honor, Esmay, Uhura, Heinlein Lessa, and Tolkien in it.

Attachments

• Heinlien.jpg
    Heinlien.jpg
    814.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Honor12.jpg
    Honor12.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Jules12.jpg
    Jules12.jpg
    581.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Tolkien12.jpg
    Tolkien12.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 16
  • week12a.jpg
    week12a.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 16
  • week12b.jpg
    week12b.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 17
Here is 10 week old Jelly, still guessing on gender but hoping for girl! The lack of tail is puzzling, and the feathers coming in for tail feathers are pointed, which leads us to think boy. The comb is also the most prominent out of the four EE's we purchased.

Attachments

• DSC00189.JPG
    DSC00189.JPG
    907.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00190.JPG
    DSC00190.JPG
    787 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00193.JPG
    DSC00193.JPG
    705.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00195.JPG
    DSC00195.JPG
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00196.JPG
    DSC00196.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC00199.JPG
    DSC00199.JPG
    503.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00200.JPG
    DSC00200.JPG
    816.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00206.JPG
    DSC00206.JPG
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00207.JPG
    DSC00207.JPG
    997.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00229.JPG
    DSC00229.JPG
    651.3 KB · Views: 14
Here is Noodle (or as I call her, Ka-Noodle :p ) our friendliest of out of our 4 10 week old EEs :)
She has the most cool feather pattern and color I've had on an EE, and all her tail feathers came in before the other 3. She has a smaller comb, very round feathers all the way around, so this leads us to believe she is indeed a she. :) Any guesses though?

Hoping we only have one rooster if any, we can't keep 'em both and of course they're our two friendliest out of the bunch!

Attachments

• DSC00173.JPG
    DSC00173.JPG
    944.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00176.JPG
    DSC00176.JPG
    978.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00177.JPG
    DSC00177.JPG
    876.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00178.JPG
    DSC00178.JPG
  • DSC00198.JPG
    DSC00198.JPG
    825.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00211.JPG
    DSC00211.JPG
  • DSC00227.JPG
    DSC00227.JPG
    789.1 KB · Views: 13
Two of my Easter Eggers are getting picked on. I don't know who's doing it but Muffins has lost her magnificent beard and cheek muffs and Braveheart is almost bald! Is there something I can spread on their heads to discourage this?

Two of my Easter Eggers are getting picked on. I don't know who's doing it but Muffins has lost her magnificent beard and cheek muffs and Braveheart is almost bald! Is there something I can spread on their heads to discourage this?
Funny enough I had some EEs that lost their beards as well a few years back! We actually caught the culprit, but oddly enough the girls LET the other EE pick off their beards, just stood there still as they did it.
I don't know if it bothered them or not lol

chi.jpg
here is one of my lovely ladies. her name is cloud and she is a pure white EE. she has quite the personality and loves to run around at full speed for no reason. she has the cutest face though.

Oh my goodness, Cloud is soooo pretty!!!! :love :love :love

I heard what sounded like a kid playing with a kazoo when I opened the back door this morning to go feed and open the coop door. My chickens voices are changing lol.

However this particular kazoo went cock-a-doodle-doo! Yup, a real crow in his teenager voice! I'm probably crazy, but I am so excited :wee
You aren't crazy! XD promise. :p

Here is 10 week old Jelly, still guessing on gender but hoping for girl! The lack of tail is puzzling, and the feathers coming in for tail feathers are pointed, which leads us to think boy. The comb is also the most prominent out of the four EE's we purchased.

Here is Noodle (or as I call her, Ka-Noodle :p ) our friendliest of out of our 4 10 week old EEs :)
She has the most cool feather pattern and color I've had on an EE, and all her tail feathers came in before the other 3. She has a smaller comb, very round feathers all the way around, so this leads us to believe she is indeed a she. :) Any guesses though?

Hoping we only have one rooster if any, we can't keep 'em both and of course they're our two friendliest out of the bunch!
Jelly is a hen for sure. Her color pattern is that of silver duckwing/silver penciled, and in both of those general varieties then hen is strikingly different from the cock.
Noodle screams roo. All the different colors at this age are a sure sign of roosterdom. ;)

Funny enough I had some EEs that lost their beards as well a few years back! We actually caught the culprit, but oddly enough the girls LET the other EE pick off their beards, just stood there still as they did it.
I don't know if it bothered them or not lol
I've dealt with beard/muff picking the whole time I've had EEs, but I can't figure out why! My girls free range 24/7 (except at night), so it isn't boredom... But that's the only thing that actually makes sense. :/

Here's my latest Pictures of my Easter Eggers. The first is Heinlein my Rooster, THe little white one is Honor who's the smallest and cutest of all, Then Jules , Tolkien, Leia in a group photo and last is group photo that has Honor, Esmay, Uhura, Heinlein Lessa, and Tolkien in it.

They're beautiful and so adorable! And I love your names! I want to get some Easter Eggers. :)

I've dealt with beard/muff picking the whole time I've had EEs, but I can't figure out why! My girls free range 24/7 (except at night), so it isn't boredom... But that's the only thing that actually makes sense. :/

That's so sad. Do they pick each other or only other breeds of chickens pick them? Are they too mellow to fight back? I'm curious since I plan to get some.

Back
Top Bottom