Easter Egger club!

I had one take 28 and that seemed an eternity compared to the majority (around 21). I use a 20% starter so her tardiness wasn't protein, just a slow to mature individual.

That said, it's only been 24 weeks since June 15th so we're not outside the normal range yet. Are they coloring up in the comb? Squatting? Checking out the nests?
Thank you! Yes, Venus is squatting and their combs are very red. Hoping they get the egg laying idea from my RIR.

B7805C1D-BC7E-48A4-AF16-A8704EBC942B.jpeg
I’ve been told that our Francesca is an EE, which is funny because the place we bought her said she was a Speckled Sussex! She’s very affectionate, smart, the first one to figure things out, the first one to come when called and everyone’s favorite. Love her to bits! She may end up being a HE though! Lol! Either way she’s gorgeous!

View attachment 1204251 I’ve been told that our Francesca is an EE, which is funny because the place we bought her said she was a Speckled Sussex! She’s very affectionate, smart, the first one to figure things out, the first one to come when called and everyone’s favorite. Love her to bits! She may end up being a HE though! Lol! Either way she’s gorgeous!

I'd have to agree, she does look like a Cockerel. :lol: It's always the boys who are super sweet. *Sigh*

Hey all. Popping on to share about my EEs. Unfortunely a fox ran through our yard and chased the girls around.. my daughter exclaimed that she was hearing baulking over the Christmas music. Talk about a mood killer! Sure enough as soon as I stepped out dear Sunshine was waddle-rushing along(has a down-tail and waddle gate after a dog attack) and fox loping casually after her. Scared off the fox, found Sunshine... missing the other EE. Now Foxy is still coming around so I know he didn't get a meal but I cannot find our Lady. I have a good feeling she's out on a limb, quite literally, either waiting to return when there less snow present or not sure which way is home. She's the wild one of the two and I always said a fox couldn't take her. Darn thing startles and bolts at the drop of a leaf. Anyway, just getting it out there. :fl I am worried about her and hate not knowing her fate. Here's our Sunshine who is now part time indoors as I won't have her alone in the snowed-in coop full time ... also we really enjoy her company:love

Attachments

• IMG_3427.JPG
    IMG_3427.JPG
    277 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3446.JPG
    IMG_3446.JPG
    406.4 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom