Easter Egger club!

I have two EEs in my brooder right now. Same age, same small hatchery source. One is feathering at the familiar rapid pace, the other has the same degree of delay that my Brahma pullet chick had two years ago. It's the first EE I've had with slow feathering so I was rather surprised by it. The two look funny together with one sprouting chest and back feathers and the other just now getting shoulders and tail. They're the same size and both active/healthy so I don't think there is anything else going on. This was several days ago but you can see the difference. As I recall, the Brahma wasn't fully feathered until at least 8 weeks.
IMG_20190411_071823507.jpg

Hi everyone. What I was told to be Amaraucanas are now EE. Still trying to figure out if they are pullets or Cockerels. The first one I'm being told definitely rooster, the second no one is sure yet and the third no one replied yet lol. View attachment 1739076 View attachment 1739077 View attachment 1739078 View attachment 1739079 View attachment 1739080 View attachment 1739081
Cockerel, cockerel, probably pullet. For the third one, you didn't include a face shot and there is nothing else to go by except the apparent lack of a deeper red area where the wing patch would show up. This is easier to see on birds that aren't red so I can't promise but there isn't anything screaming male here so far.

Cockerel, cockerel, probably pullet. For the third one, you didn't include a face shot and there is nothing else to go by except the apparent lack of a deeper red area where the wing patch would show up. This is easier to see on birds that aren't red so I can't promise but there isn't anything screaming male here so far.
Sorry I can get a better head shot, he has a reddish crown like the first. What gives the impression of rooster for the black if I can ask?

Not sure if this one helps he was maybe a week younger. He turned pink fast in the crown.
IMG_20190408_181053622.jpg

Wow, all blue eggs! Mine all lay green eggs. I only have 3 EEs. They just started laying a few weeks ago. At first one looked slightly bluish and one looked slightly olive-y. But they've settled into identical colors. I can't tell them apart anymore. They're cute little bantam eggs.

Back
Top Bottom