Easter Egger club!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. kenzier093

kenzier093 Chillin' With My Peeps

omg, they are gorgeous!! They are both so pretty!

2. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

X2 very pretty birds

3. PrairieChickens

PrairieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
    thank you very much. :)

Mars was a "rainbow layer" who turned out to be a roo. Not a lot of laying, rainbow or otherwise, but he's a gentleman of a rooster and a real sweetheart. Gryffindor was rescued from the pan fry bin because my mom fell in love with his coloring and ridiculously fluffy cuteness.

4. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay guys, these are my month old "pullets" I dont know a lot about EE sexing, or if you can even tell sex at this age, but if you can make heads or tails out of these pics, could someone maybe let me know what they think I know boys get red shoulders, but I didn't know what age that happened. There are 7 girls. I will try to get better pics of them later on.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. insanity

insanity Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2013
    Northwest Wy
    This morning I hatched a white leghorn x SQ lavender ameracauna chick. I thought this would make a blue egg layer but the chick has yellow legs not slate. Could it still lay blue egg?

6. chickenlver2013

chickenlver2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes they can still lay blue. A different leg color doesn't block the blue egg gene. Leg color doesn't indicate that an Easter Egger will lay a green egg. It's whatever genes it's ancestors passed on to the baby. Who knows. Since Leghorns are white egg layers, it may end up being a white layer.

7. rescueacres

rescueacres Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2013
    North Idaho
    They look like pretty little pullets to me, there is one that i would question (maybe better pics would help) but im far from an expert.

8. rescueacres

rescueacres Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2013
    North Idaho
    [​IMG]
    This was one of my EE roos last year, he looked much different than the pullets at that age. One other roo had a very red comb so was easy to spot and then there was the white one that other than being solid white was very hard to tell.
    [​IMG]

9. PrairieChickens

PrairieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
    They all look like ladies to me. :)

10. Katt66

Katt66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Barnesville, PA
    Yep, looks like a plethora of pretty partridge pullets to me. ^_^

(Sorry, watched Mr. Popper's Penguins last night XD)

But, yeah, they all look like pullets.

As for the yellow leg chick laying blue eggs, I have no direct experience with breedings like that but I've been told that the blue egg gene is dominant and that crossing to a white layer will "clean up" the blue in the chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by