Easter Egger club!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. windnleavesfarm

windnleavesfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2013
    central new york
    Its usually a waiting game until they grow nice combs some people (not me) can tell by their feathers but I think you have to wait a few weeks.
    You could vent them but it can be dangerous if not done correctly.
  2. Nonyah Biz

Nonyah Biz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2013
    my EE hen laid this egg...i think shes eggcited about easter lol brown spots and goes from light blue to light green to light olive [​IMG]
  3. ddhyland

ddhyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Middle Tennessee
    very pretty!
  4. kenzier093

kenzier093 Chillin' With My Peeps

Today my three favorite pullet and two cockerels are 8 weeks and 2 days old. I went up to the coops this morning and I heard this god awful noise! I stood there and I heard it again. It turns out one of them was trying to crow for the first time! Lol I'm pretty sure it was bacon trying to crow. He seems to be the most mature one so far.[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Snowflake, my favorite EE pullet from this years batch

[​IMG] Bacon, the terrible sounding one [​IMG]

[​IMG] Taco, I love his colors! He has a gray beard and some gray spots on his head and tail.
  5. chiknhurder

chiknhurder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2014
    Cass County Missouri

Mary, Ed and Loretta (l-r).
  6. FVRM

FVRM Chillin' With My Peeps

aww looks like one is crested
  7. Terri B

Terri B New Egg

Apr 10, 2014
    I am interested in an easter egger.
    Thank you
  8. chiknhurder

Jan 8, 2014
    Cass County Missouri
    Actually, Ed has a hair piece and he's really sensitive about it so we don't ever bring it up.
  9. chiknhurder

Jan 8, 2014
    Cass County Missouri
    Are you telling me you're interested in one? I don't raise them. I just bought 4 pullets for the colored eggs. One turned out to be a roo and the other one turned out to be dinner for a hawk.

You should be able to find them in your area. Most Ameracaunas that are advertised on Craigslist or other sites are Easter Eggers because people are misinformed regarding EE's and Ameracaunas. EE's lay a variety of different colored eggs and the birds have no set standard and are not recognized as a breed. They are basically mutts of the chicken world. Pure bred Ameracaunas have a standard recognized by the American Poultry Association (APA) and lay only blue eggs. Chances are if you can find Ameracaunas, they're more than likely going to be EE's.

From your area code, it looks like you're around Columbus, Ohio. Here's an ad on Craigslist for EE chickens in Shiloh, Ohio.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  10. dlynne1123

dlynne1123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Woohoo! So far have 3 chicks out and several zipping away. Can't wait for them to fluff up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by