1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Easter Egger club!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

My 8 week old pullets. They run with the big flock now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lauravonsmurf

Lauravonsmurf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
  3. BartolicsBroods

BartolicsBroods Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2014
    Wyoming
    [​IMG] We finally got EE babies, so excited! Love the puffy cheeks!

[​IMG]This one of our white ones, can't wait to see the coloring later

[​IMG]Puffy cheeks giving one of my boys the evil eyeball...so funny!
    [​IMG]

4. smhoekzema

smhoekzema Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2013
    Sydney, Australia
    Subscribed! Just one EE here. Love her to bits:) She has a great personality already and is sooo friendly! Going through an awkward stage though:/

Jan
    [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]
    My muffy puffy hen named Puff! :)

6. ddhyland

ddhyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Middle Tennessee
    Hello fellow EE lovers! I have a question, in regards to an EE I hatched this year (5 weeks old). This was the only chick to hatch out of my first time incubating, I also bought a GLW pullet to keep him company so he would not be lonely. (I say he because I have a tendency to call them all he until I know for sure). Acting rooish - chest bumping with the GLW (but who knows she is supposed to be a she and she does the same thing). Seems to be getting thicker legs also. What do you all think?

Will have to get another pic of his face, dang thing would not be still, but shows no signs of comb growing larger or redness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is his dad
    [​IMG]

this is his mom
    [​IMG]

7. hosspak

hosspak Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    From my uneducated opinion, the parents look like really large birds, so the offspring should look really large. My girls do the chest bumping also at 4 thru 6 weeks. Very amusing to watch!

8. hosspak

hosspak Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    Where did you get her? She looks very pretty.... Just like the girl I just got at the Norco meet up. Is she an OE?

9. ddhyland

ddhyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Middle Tennessee
    Yes they are quite big. That makes me feel a lot better. Hopefully is a girl, lord knows I have gotten at least 4 roos so far this year - 2 Cuckoo Marans, 1 Austrolorp, and 1 BYM, plus the one I already have.

10. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    The parents created a sex link mating. That is a cockerel that got sex linked silver from mom. Any brown chicks would be pullets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by