Easter Egger club!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    If anyone is interested I have sex link EE eggs on the 24 hour auction thread. Can be sexed at hatch.

2. ddhyland

ddhyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Middle Tennessee
    Dang it! With the fact that he is still not completely feathered out I was somewhat afraid of that. Well that is really cool to know about the sex link thing.

3. sahmhomesteader

sahmhomesteader Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2013
    SW Ohio
    I have 4 seven week old EE chicks along with a variety of other breeds. One of my EE's is all white but the comb is noticeably more red than any of the other chicks. Could the chick still be a pullet or is this a sign of a roo?

4. Gryphon

Gryphon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Iowa
    Do the legs look thicker, and does the comb appear larger too? If so, then likely a roo. If not, it could be a roo, or just early maturing compared to the others.

5. tmrutter3

tmrutter3 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2014
    Lancaster, PA
    Hi EE's! We are new to the club & have been EE parents to 6 chicks for a week today. I finished reading the EE Club thread last night & am so happy with all of the info everyone has shared. I do have a problem that just arose this morning. We have 6 EE chicks, 3 brown leghorn pullets, 2 white silkie pullets, I white silkie cockerel, & 2 khaki Campbell babies. We have been raising them all together & everything has been going great. Until this morning... Our 6 EE chicks ganged up on my biggest Silkie pullet, they were attacking her & by the time I got there they had pecked a small spot on the side of her head that drew blood. I immediately separated the silkies out. What's going on? Why did they start this suddenly? HELP!

6. sahmhomesteader

Nov 3, 2013
    SW Ohio

I will try to snap a pic

7. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    Look at the tail feathers. Cockerels tails usually grow slower than pullets.

8. sahmhomesteader

Nov 3, 2013
    SW Ohio

I have no advice as this is my first time raising chicks but I feel for you! How terrifying!

9. Craftygirl

Craftygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2013
    Nebraska
    Help! Orschelns has EEs.. Most are black but one is gray/white. What color will they end up? Do I dare buy one? Lol

10. tmrutter3

tmrutter3 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2014
    Lancaster, PA

Thanks. She's ok now, I put some betadine on her cut. As soon as I put my other 2 silkies with her they ran up to her & looked her over to make sure she was ok. I just didn't expect this from the EE's, I've heard how sweet & gentle they are. I hope they settle down...:(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by