Easter Egger club!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. sahmhomesteader

sahmhomesteader Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2013
    SW Ohio

:)

2. cabinchicky

cabinchicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2013
    ohio
    [​IMG]Jerryse,pls take a look if you can. I concerned there may be a second roo,eek!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. cabinchicky

Nov 8, 2013
    ohio
    [​IMG]Same chick,man does it move!

4. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    You may be right from the looks of that comb. It looks like the breast is still salmon or brown. On silvers, BB red. Partridge that will be black for males. The wild card on EE is there are so many colors and patterns in the mix it is hard to guess sometimes

5. Firbrd

Firbrd Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2014
    Virginia
    I'm wondering if I got more than one roo. I ordered our chicks from Meyers. 1 rooster and the rest girls. There are 2 that are showing the signs but probably too young to tell yet. Hoping they have a good sexing record.

6. Firbrd

Apr 19, 2014
    Virginia
    Good luck!

7. Firbrd

Apr 19, 2014
    Virginia
    That's a lot of breeding! I really like silkies, my husband not some much. There is just something about ee's puffy cheeks and pretty colors I really love.

8. cabinchicky

Nov 8, 2013
    ohio
    Firebrd mine also came from Meyers,ordered 4 and one roo,found one roo but curious on a second. comb is really red right now for four weeks but lil stinker won't give me a good look. front side of breast is turning brown now with black in the center..EE wildcard I suppose.Jerryse thank you and I will wait longer and see how it goes and let you know. but much thanks!!

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  9. FVRM

FVRM Chillin' With My Peeps

If you plan on hatching eggs at some point, all you have to do is separate him with a few hens to be sure every egg is fertile.

10. sahmhomesteader

sahmhomesteader Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2013
    SW Ohio

For how long?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by