Easter Egger club!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. tiedyemommy

tiedyemommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    [​IMG]
    All of my ladies! [​IMG]

(Left to Right)
    Red Sex-Link named "Red"
    Rumpless EE named "Goldie"
    EE named "Olive"
    EE named "Shed" (my 4yr-old said her colors make her looking like shed fur)
    White Leghorn named "Fred" (another name my daughter picked)

Don't know for sure, but my guess is that they're about 10-12wks old. No one is laying yet...but we don't mind the wait. [​IMG]

- TieDyeMommy

2. Peckar

Peckar Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2013
    I am getting EEs soon can you tell me your favorite parts of them

3. tiedyemommy

tiedyemommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    I've only had mine for 2.5 weeks now, and they're approx. 10-12 weeks old. For me, so far, I love their coloring and the variety of looks EEs have. All three of mine look similar, yet very different. I also look forward to the colored eggs when they start laying. [​IMG]

- TieDyeMommy

4. Peckar

Peckar Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2013
    Ok :)

5. tmrutter3

tmrutter3 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2014
    Lancaster, PA
    Hi! We are fairly new chicken parents. We got 6 straight run EE's chicks at TSC about 2 1/2 weeks ago. We strongly suspect about 4 or 5 are cockerels.:( Our question is, can we peacefully keep all of them if they're in their own coop/run if we don't put any pullets in with them? The pullets/hens will be in their own coop/run close by. Thank you for any advice or suggestions you can give us.

6. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 4 silkie roos in my coop with hens, and they get along fine. You could have a bachelor coop, just keep them busy, and give them enough space. Boredom can be problematic.

7. Saerasx

Saerasx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2014
    Beaverton, OR
    Out of my four chicks who around 2.5 weeks now I have to say my EE is my absolute favorite :) I will be SO mad if she turns out to be a he, so fingers crossed my little Shiera (Hawkgirl...we named all our chicks after DC heroins lol) gets to stay with me! So spunky too, she will actually fly into my hand to hang out with me ^_^ Hubs and I decided that if any of our other chicks turn into roos we are going to go with more EEs!! Im not totally proud of her :D
    here is her glamour shot ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Day we brought her home ^ and below
    [​IMG]

8. Gryphon

Gryphon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Iowa
    I'd guess that Hawkgirl is a female, so no need to rename to Hawkman just yet. ;)

9. Saerasx

Saerasx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2014
    Beaverton, OR
    Woot! made my night ^_^ I love that girl. I have a marans who is also up in the air. I prefer she stay Zatana and not turn into Zatara ;)

10. MommaHen77

MommaHen77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2014
    USA
    I have Easter Eggers I love them cause they are sweet and they like to watch me they remind of a Hawk they awesome. good luck with yours when you get them I think you will like them :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by