Easter Egger club!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. MommaHen77

MommaHen77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2014
    USA
    What I love about my EE is that they are sweet and like watching me, they look like Hawks to me

2. sahmhomesteader

sahmhomesteader Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2013
    SW Ohio

I have an 8 week old EE chick that greatly resembles a hawk to me. Love her! :)

3. MommaHen77

MommaHen77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2014
    USA
    that is so awesome your chick look like hawks to you too. I don't care what others think of the EE to me they are my fav chicks :) :

4. cabinchicky

cabinchicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2013
    ohio
    Well day two of roo one or two and yup sure looks like pic from yesterday is male. comb triple row very visible and that one is being a lil !%&#! Name choice as of now leaning towards Dickh$#d. Keeps it up and I will cull, I want no bully mean male.

5. sahmhomesteader

sahmhomesteader Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2013
    SW Ohio

I don't know much about what others think but I have 2 EE hens and I love them and the blue eggs. Their feathers are sooo pretty. I also have a golden comet hen(not very friendly or pretty but lays great), a speckled sussex hen( she is my most beautiful hen right now), 2 barred rock hens. My 8 week old chicks are 3 barred rocks, 4 black australorps, and 4 EEs. I love my mixed flock! What do you have?

6. FVRM

FVRM Chillin' With My Peeps

If those hens have NOT been in contact with another roo, you can start collecting eggs for hatching after 2 days. And hens can stay fertile for at least one week after mating but it's better to keep the roo in there until you are finished collecting.

7. tmrutter3

tmrutter3 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2014
    Lancaster, PA

Thanks. We're going to try that. Wish us luck! We did read the chicken toys article & took notes!:)

8. Jomini

Jomini Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2014
    East Texas "Marshall"
    [​IMG]

9. MandaMunky

MandaMunky Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2014
    Hi there!!

I'd love to join the club with my little girl Penny... she's 3 weeks old in the most recent pics at the top!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. katatonic123

katatonic123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2014
    We have twinkie girls Manda. Mine will be 3 weeks Monday.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by