Easter Egger club!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Roxannemc

Roxannemc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri
    Dont see FVRM on here now so i would say watch him see if hes covering the girls
    You can tell hell get on their backs.Once you see that happen wait a few days or a week and set some eggs.Only way you can tell if thye are fertile is to set some and let them grow for a week or 10 days .See what you see inside..
    At first he might be shy some of mine were.If hes not a real aggressive ro:hmmnce he knows them and they trust him he will get on them.Some roos do right away and some have a courtship i guess.... become familiar first LOl

2. Roxannemc

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri

1 person likes this.
  3. Roxannemc

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri
    Blue and green eggs....so pretty i really hate to eat them the only problem! I love that my Lavender girls are that color and lay blue eggs. I think its pretty unique and i love that lavender color.
    Wish i had one that was white and red like some of you so pretty!!
    Just have one white with black dots EE hen ....from a Light Brahma hen and my Lav Am roo. I raised all my EEs from my pure Lavender Amercaunas and other chickens i have.

4. cabinchicky

cabinchicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2013
    ohio
    Well I am now seeing another possible cockerel in my EE bunch. Three row comb, not fully feathered,short tail,hawkish shaped head and oh a bit of attitude. Waiting to be sure,but I thought I ordered only one male n four pullets. So now I have a Herman.

5. kenzier093

kenzier093 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi everyone! Just an update, but awhile back I posted about if bacon and taco was a cockerel or not. Everyone said that Taco was a pullet, but I had a feeling he wasn't. So today I went up to the coops and both of them were trying to crow along with one of my Wyandotte cockerel. I am happy that they are males (usually never say that), but they will be the dads to next years bunch! I think they will give some pretty cute chicks!
    [​IMG] Taco

[​IMG] Bacon

6. MommaHen77

MommaHen77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2014
    USA
    CONGRATS TO YOU ON TACO BRING A ROSSTER HE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! AWESOME PICS OF YOUR EE :)

7. Gryphon

Gryphon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Iowa
    Whoops, yeah that tail and dark red on the shoulders says roo, plus the crowing. ;) He's got girly legs! ;D Funny how quickly they change when they're that age.

8. kenzier093

lol, ik!

9. kenzier093

Thanks!

10. deborahca

deborahca Out Of The Brooder

I seem to have 2 EEs, a barred rock and rhode island red. Here are the two EEs at just under 2 weeks. I wish there was less confusion about the whole Araucana, Ameraucana, EE thing. I'm perfectly happy to have EEs and would have picked them if they'd been advertised as such!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by