Easter Egger club!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. katatonic123

katatonic123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2014
    My EE is a bully. She is constantly walking over the top of the other 2. Any others have the same problem?

2. JessicaThistle

JessicaThistle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2014
    Oregon
    [​IMG]
    Here are my two EEs and one of my BOs. The light colored one to the left is Ari and the one with the darker head is Kona. They were labeled as Aracaunas at the store but I found out here that they are most likely just EEs. That is fine as they are beautiful. Ari is the smartest bird in the group and she is the one that likes to fly up onto my shoulder. Kona is more skittish but is very concerned about the rest of the flock and seems to "mother hen" them. I just love these girls!

3. TommyDaDelaware

TommyDaDelaware Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Central WI.
    OH man. Last time I posted here my EEs were like, Tiny little babies. I was off at college and missed them growing, but Man, come back to one heck of a surprise!! xD here's the update.
    [​IMG] This is Sorrel. The one that looked like a chipmunk when she was fuzzy.

[​IMG] Bell is kinda hard to see here. (but she was the whitish blue colored chick)

[​IMG] Here's my Pretty Bell!!

[​IMG] This was Mariposa, the brown faced black chick.

[​IMG] and Maiden, (THe one who was the black faced blue or blue faced black chick, i can't remember..)

[​IMG] And that's sorrel's head again. :)

4. miksmity

miksmity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2014
    Bonfield Il.
    I'm so happy!!!
    I have 2 EEs and RIR crosses hatching
    Their names r mamba and cal

5. CarolinaHen

CarolinaHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2013
    South Carolina
    This one has me confused. I hatched a batch of EE and this is one that I just can't determine sex on yet. S/he started out as a chocolate colored chick. Legs are not thick, no noticeable pointy saddle feathers, no rooster type behaviors. Could I possibly have one of the elusive dark and white EE pullets?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    Cockerels will grow tail feathers slower than pullets. Compare tails. That one is hard to tell. At first I think pullet then I looked at the comb and think maybe cockerel.

7. CarolinaHen

CarolinaHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2013
    South Carolina
    She feathered in quickly. We had 17 EEs hatch on Feb. 9 and I kept the ones that feathered in quickest. The obvious cockerels were sold weeks ago. I keep thinking pullet on this one, but the comb is throwing me. [​IMG]

8. MommaHen77

MommaHen77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2014
    USA
    Beautiful EE to me it looks like a Rooster

9. MommaHen77

MommaHen77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2014
    USA
    [​IMG]
    MY EASTER EGGER ARE GETTING BIGGER EACH DAY. THEIR NAMES ARE DIZZY,CHARLIE,GWEN,MOLLY,TESS,JESS,

10. Gryphon

Gryphon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Iowa

How old are they? If fairly young, it might not be that she's mean so much as oblivious. Even as adults my chickens sometimes bowl over one another when one is excited and running and the other doesn't get out of the way fast enough. ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by