Easter Egger club!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. kenzier093

kenzier093 Chillin' With My Peeps

Cockerel. The tail feathers and comb look like that's what it would be

2. CarolinaHen

CarolinaHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2013
    South Carolina
    There are no saddle feathers though...............

3. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Do you have a pic of him/her standing and if you part the feathers by the tail do you see pointy ones coming in?
    And do you have other roosters? I've heard of cockerels maturing slower if other dominant ones are around.

Also, did you post is this thread, "Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*" there are some very experienced
    people there that may be able to help you.

4. CarolinaHen

CarolinaHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2013
    South Carolina

No pointy feathers at the base of the tail. Tail carriage is low and level when walking. We do have other cockerels as well as a few roosters. We are only keeping one of the EE cockerels to go in with our laying flock. I'm seriously thinking pullet with this one, but scared to get my hopes up with that coloring.

5. Tappy4me

Tappy4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Virginia
    Sharing some updated photos of my easter eggers. :) ~6 1/2-7 wks old now Pullet #1 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Fearless, pullet #2 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Pullet #3 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] Reese, Pullet #4 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Roo #1 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Roo #2 ?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. katatonic123

katatonic123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2014
    She's 3 weeks. I have another one her age and my bantam is 4 weeks. It's usually the bantam she steps on so maybe just because she's smaller? Just odd that the other one doesn't do it as much.

7. Chick-a-dow-dee

Chick-a-dow-dee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are my EEGrs!

8. cabinchicky

cabinchicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2013
    ohio
    Nice EEs everyone!! My newest ones are starting to get the beards growing!! Still watching cockerel signs, sigh.

9. estamets

estamets Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2014
    Anaheim, CA
    Oh my goodness, I'm so excited to join this club! We've got an Easter Egger chick on the way (along with a Welsummer, Speckled Sussex, and Partridge Rock). Cannot wait to get to know this sweet personality, and to see what color eggs we get! (and to find out what color our hen is, of course!)

10. hosspak

hosspak Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    Sitting quietly on the side lines and finally have a question. Does it appear that when hatcheries have birds that they don't know the breed of, that they label it an EE? Curious minds want to know...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by