Easter Egger club!

Bunny and transe were April chicks from 2014. They are both Easter eggers or americaunas. Transe got her name early on, she kept giving me the stink eye look and she's grown up to be a sweet hen! Bunny is shy but get a load of the huge eggs she produces! Both are great laying hens, they are still laying daily even with short days and 32 degree f temps at night! I must say, next to my production reds, these are my favorites!
Judy in Ohio.
highfive.gif
i LOVE EE's!!

I'm joining the club! I only have one easter egger. She's a beauty. Lady Hawk. She lays huge light blue eggs.
She's shy and the most picked on in my flock. My FBCM roo loves her though. They are inseparable and making loads of OE babies!
Hi EE peeps!

All 8 of my EE pullet eggs hatched on Saturday. They are 3/4 ameraucana and 1/4 cream legbar. Their mom was fairly solid colored as a chick, so I'm assuming they get their stripes from their daddy. I'm not sure where the crazy yellow colored one came from. LOL It is very difficult to get all eight of them to stand in one place for a photo.
Day 2:

Day 3:

All 8 of my EE pullet eggs hatched on Saturday. They are 3/4 ameraucana and 1/4 cream legbar. Their mom was fairly solid colored as a chick, so I'm assuming they get their stripes from their daddy. I'm not sure where the crazy yellow colored one came from. LOL It is very difficult to get all eight of them to stand in one place for a photo.
Day 2:

Day 3:

AHHHH I want!! lol
big_smile.png

Our power is out so I had to pack the crew up and take them to work. Probably going to get in trouble for this one, but if it makes a difference to the babies it is worth it. I set up a temporary brooder behind my recycling bin. The poor chicks have had a rough morning and just now settled down for a nap.

Our power is out so I had to pack the crew up and take them to work. Probably going to get in trouble for this one, but if it makes a difference to the babies it is worth it. I set up a temporary brooder behind my recycling bin. The poor chicks have had a rough morning and just now settled down for a nap.
LOL! Hope they are fine!!

They seem to be doing pretty good considering they had a cold night under a towel and some hot water bottles. Then they spent an hour in the truck in a tiny box (for warmth). Someone at work already dropped a plastic file on them, but I think they are fine. Power is supposed to be out until Friday, so I might have to come put with Plan C for tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom