Easter Egger club!

Here she is! Does it seem really small or is it just me? I've been told they get bigger as they go along but this one is almost banty sized...

ive noticed that the darker color legs if they are pure and not mixed will lay a darker blueish greenish eggs...then the lighter colored legged bird.. see the differences in the egg the ones that look olive I guess you could call it is from the birds with the darker green legs..and they are noticeably darker then the lighter colored legs ill see if I can get pics of what I mean
Great color assortment birdman! That's what I'm shooting for.

Redrooster; the farmer said he had buff orpington, brahma & ameraucuna's all in different coops but when I posted what he told me that my big Sunshine was an Orpington a number of forum members corrected me saying that she looked way more like a Brahma/ameraucuna mix! & that the ameraucuna's were Easter Eggers. I personally don't care I'm just curious what I'm going to end up with! they hatched about 4-5mths ago so I won't have to wait too long to start seeing eggs, if they mostly start around the 6mth mark! I know they are eatting & drinking well & tonight when I went to check to make sure their water wasn't frozen they didn't squalk at all & actually the smallest when I picked up some feed & put my hand out she came over & took it from me!
Birdman; I have some darker colored legs & Cream has pretty light colored legs so here's hoping for a pretty wide assortment from my 5 gals!

Last edited:
Redrooster; the farmer said he had buff orpington, brahma & ameraucuna's all in different coops but when I posted what he told me that my big Sunshine was an Orpington a number of forum members corrected me saying that she looked way more like a Brahma/ameraucuna mix! & that the ameraucuna's were Easter Eggers. I personally don't care I'm just curious what I'm going to end up with! they hatched about 4-5mths ago so I won't have to wait too long to start seeing eggs, if they mostly start around the 6mth mark! I know they are eatting & drinking well & tonight when I went to check to make sure their water wasn't frozen they didn't squalk at all & actually the smallest when I picked up some feed & put my hand out she came over & took it from me! 
Birdman; I have some darker colored legs & Cream has pretty light colored legs so here's hoping for a pretty wide assortment from my 5 gals!

Most of the time this happens from lack of education as a breeder. He must have had them mixed in at some point and when he separated for breeding he did not wait the required 4 weeks before collecting eggs.

EE's are a surprise, but once a hen lays a specific color that is the color she will lay.
Hey Rooster, I'm NO Expert here, have only been raising chickens for about two years now. But I'm not sure that's completely correct.

I had two EE's one was killed by a dog at a young age and the other I still have, I was thinking awhile back about culling her because I thought she stopped laying, but what happened was she stopped laying green eggs and started laying brown eggs. I only got about three or four green eggs from her when she changed over.

I can't explain why but she did, the only thing I can recall was right about the time she changed over was when we intro'ed roosters into the flock.

idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom