Easter Egger club!

Maybe Sweet Pea is part turkey ;)

I have been following along here, and had to wait until I wasn't on my mobile device. All the photos are so cute! I just love the little puffies. :) Mine are bigger now, in fact, my boy just crowed for the first time this week!!! I was so happy to see I had one roo in the bunch. I could tell by his tail feathers and comb at least a month ago, but I never believe it until they crow. It won't be long now until they join my big girls and boy. This will be the first time I have posted a photo on here. Hope it works! I specifically chose dark chipmunk colored chicks, the darkest in the batch, one was even black. I noticed they have a lot of blue coloring in this batch. These were hatchery chicks from Ideal. I wanted to see how they would turn out. I also selected chicks with big fluffy cheeks and throats.
I'm interested to see what they looked like as tiny chicks. You have any pics when they were smaller?

figured i would check in and post some pics
lots of easter eggers...this was the byc easter hatchalong hatch...there is 66 in there....

interesting birds im getting...

some of the eggs im now getting are almost grey in color

I'm interested to see what they looked like as tiny chicks. You have any pics when they were smaller?

I looked and looked for photos, but could not find them. They were basically chipmunk striped, very dark, one was almost black with very puffy cheeks. Also, I selected for only green legs, not yellow. Wanted to see how they would grow out and I am pleased. I was not expecting the blue feather coloration that has appeared, though, that was not so obvious when they were chicks. It was a nice little surprise.

Back
Top Bottom