Easter Egger club!

HOW DO YOU GET AUTOSEXING EE'S???
I created these myself . You need barring and chipmunk striped chicks . Crele is the color .There is Legbar in the mix . Legbar are auto sexing . You must have males with 2 barring genes . I had started work on crele EE but only had a rooster with 1 barring gene . So to save a year I used a Legbar rooster last year . These will now breed true for auto sexing I will include a picture of the crele mix breed rooster I started with .

Last edited:
There's actually quite a few, I know of a few that have had hens for years, never having the cert required, and with just privacy fences up and no one has ever known ;)  but they have had hens for over 10 years, take good care of them and nobody's known so it doesn't bother them. But booooy people's faces when they do find out! :lau

I can see now why so many folks in that area aren't allowed to have roosters.

I created these myself . You need barring and chipmunk striped chicks . Crele is the color .There is Legbar in the mix . Legbar are auto sexing . You must have males with 2 barring genes . I had started work on crele EE but only had a rooster with 1 barring gene . So to save a year I used a Legbar rooster last year . These will now breed true for auto sexing I will include a picture of the crele mix breed rooster I started with .
ep.gif
SOOO PRETTYYYY!

Here are Rose's 2 week old pics. Still coming in white so far. And she is BY FAR the top chick. And if we take the lid off the brooder, she is out in 2 seconds flat.

And by the way, are those legs considered 'green'? Or are they slate? Or willow?

Here are Rose's 2 week old pics. Still coming in white so far. And she is BY FAR the top chick. And if we take the lid off the brooder, she is out in 2 seconds flat.

And by the way, are those legs considered 'green'? Or are they slate? Or willow?
Willow and green are the same thing . Think willow green . Beak looks yellow . If that is true then yes on green . Yellow skin + slate = willow green legs .

Hi EEr's we are new to the site/forum and want to share our new babies! The two Easter Egger's were named by our Grandson, he picked these two out of the 8 new chicks, and named them... Monster Truck Grave Digger "Digger" for short & SHARK! I should say, our Grandson is 3yrs old and a blast! Here is a photo of these two sweet babies! CJ

Willow and green are the same thing . Think willow green . Beak looks yellow . If that is true then yes on green . Yellow skin + slate = willow green legs .

Ah ha, I see I see.
caf.gif
Thank you for the explanation! I have been seeing lots of posts on here about skin color and leg color... but I didn't realize they were connected. Thanks!

This thread makes me smile; my very first chicken was an Easter Egger hen. She lived for eight years before finally passing on.

I currently own three EEs, but they've been engaged in beard-pulling contests so they aren't very photogenic right now. Maybe I'll share pictures later.

Ah ha, I see I see.
caf.gif
Thank you for the explanation! I have been seeing lots of posts on here about skin color and leg color... but I didn't realize they were connected. Thanks!
Leg color is the result of 2 layers . The dermis or inner layer and the epidermis the outer layer . Slate and yellow make green .

Back
Top Bottom