Easter Egger club!

I bought these babies at local feed store the lady vent sex them 5 have tails one doesn't, I asked for 5 females and 1 male , where they sexed right?
I would say you got what you asked for . Females grow tails faster than males . I use that method a lot and find it reliable .

How plump do EEs tend to get? I carried my Cosma last night to the new coop and was surprised at how boney she was. My Barr Rocks always feel fuller. So are EEs naturally skinnier or do I have worms?
ETA: Not me :lau Do the chickens have worms :D

Last edited:
How plump do EEs tend to get? I carried my Cosma last night to the new coop and was surprised at how boney she was. My Barr Rocks always feel fuller. So are EEs naturally skinnier or do I have worms?
ETA: Not me :lau Do the chickens have worms :D

I've noticed this myself. My BRs a little round fatty and my EE has a long, narrow body. I'm assuming that's normal??

I would say you got what you asked for . Females grow tails faster than males . I use that method a lot and find it reliable .

I noticed that with my Australorp chicks tail feathers always give what sex when nothing else can

I bought these babies at local feed store the lady vent sex them 5 have tails one doesn't, I asked for 5 females and 1 male , where they sexed right?

GO TO THIS YOUTUBE TO GET A FEEL FOR HOW TO TELL A 2-MO-OLD ROOSTER FROM A HEN - AN EE IS ON THE SITE:

Got two new Easter Eggers to raise up with my other chicks. It sounds like at least one of their parent stock was purebred Ameracuana. So I'm hoping they are both pullets and that I'll get blue eggs from these.

This is my Easter Egged chick Fluffy. I'm pretty sure he's a roo but it would be great to get some confirmation before we give him away. Him and his sisters Toodles(the other EE) and Saf(Norwegian jaerhon) are 7 weeks old.

Last edited:
Sylvester017, I'm sorry but their too young to tell for sure. Wait a few more weeks and then post some more pictures and I'd be happy to help you figure it out!

Back
Top Bottom