Easter Egger club!

My EE's egg today. I'm trading her tomorrow but I'll still be apart of this b/c pee wee my rooster is an. EE

We named ours

Roos:
Lucky (Black and white with 5 toes)
Sandy (White with black and brown speckles)
Jim (White with brown and white speckles)
Ayte (RIR colors, with muffs)
Fore (Black and red)
Nyne (Black and red)

Hens:
Coal (All black, even the beak and legs, 5 toes; lays brown/green/khaki eggs)
Bella (Cream all over; blue eggs)
Alex (Grey and white bars/speckles; blue eggs)

And yes, we hatched them and got a 'less than ideal' roo to hen ratio. Anyone want some roos?

I have three Easter Egger girls, Tazzie, Gonzales and Sylvie. They are Ameracauna/Gold Laced Wyandotte crosses. Two of my girls are bearded, but Sylvie isn't. Gonzales has developed a bright red comb about two weeks ago, and looks much the hen, but the other two still look like babies.

Tazzie, Sylvie and Gonzales gobbling wheat. They always coming running when I call for them, hoping for treats!

Sylvie and Tazzie, the two girls with their combs beginning to redden and grow. Sylvie's a bit shy, doesn't like to come to close, Taz on the other hand....

She seems to like posing for the camera, the cheeky wee girl (for some reason my chickens seem to like drinking out of the dirtiest water bowl they can find!)
he.gif

And this is Gonzales, with her beautiful bright comb. This girl is deceptively heavy!

I'm getting a little impatient with Miss Gonzales, as she looks already to lay me some nice green/blue eggs! Perhaps she is laying, she is the smart one, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was off hiding them somewhere!

I have two EE pullets. They are nine weeks old and are outside during the day and sleep in a crate in my bedroom at night :)
I adore them.
Their names are Izzy & Cony.
I wanted to post a picture but I can't figure out how! I've only had them for two weeks. It's the first time that I have gotten older chicks. They are still kind of shy with me. When I lived in Maine (I'm in FL now) I always had day old chicks. I'm used to chickens who follow me around and climb into my lap. I'm in hopes that these girls will relax and be cuddly at some point! Any thoughts on that from people experienced with getting older EE chicks? Tomorrow I am headed out to buy some mealworms :)

I have two EE pullets. They are nine weeks old and are outside during the day and sleep in a crate in my bedroom at night :)
I adore them.
Their names are Izzy & Cony.
I wanted to post a picture but I can't figure out how! I've only had them for two weeks. It's the first time that I have gotten older chicks. They are still kind of shy with me. When I lived in Maine (I'm in FL now) I always had day old chicks. I'm used to chickens who follow me around and climb into my lap. I'm in hopes that these girls will relax and be cuddly at some point! Any thoughts on that from people experienced with getting older EE chicks? Tomorrow I am headed out to buy some mealworms :)

I got my three Easter Eggers when they were about four months old, and my girls were extremely flighty, but they are slowly starting to settle down, and all come running. They still don't like being cuddled, however I'm working on it!

Back
Top Bottom