Easter Egger club!

Our EEs are my favorites out of the flock! We only have 2 at the moment, but one is a roo and one is a hen, so hopefully next spring we'll have some little baby EEs!

This is Pickle. She is such a sweetheart!

And this is Captain Jack Sparrow. He just started crowing! I think he's going to be gorgeous once he feathers out all the way!
What is interesting about Pickles comb is it is a lot like my TwoTone's who is a Rooster, but yours is a hen
smile.png
Love Captain Jack, very similar to Two Tone in coloring on Two Tone's left side anyway...almost red burgundy feathers, with strings of bright orange and dark black green shine tail feathers. Beauties both of them.

I have two EEs. First there is Hawk. I believe she is a pullet. And then I can't name this one yet cause I don't know if it is a girl or not.Any opinions on sex or names would be helpful.
If they're the same age as each other, then I think the second one is a roo because his comb is so red. Plus he's got the pointy tail feathers.

Last edited:
If they're the same age as each other, then I think the second one is a roo because his comb is so red. Plus he's got the pointy tail feathers.

On the same page so far with you....

At this point, thinking the first is pullet too, just cautious about the black/white patterned EE's. Depending on age and a good side shot....will need to watch just to be sure. Determine if the feathers are more blended or have they started to show blotched areas of one color? Right now, ....She is very pretty!

The 2nd, more towards the roo zone, a good comb shot would help when you are able. They can be very difficult to photo sometimes.

What is interesting about Pickles comb is it is a lot like my TwoTone's who is a Rooster, but yours is a hen
smile.png
Love Captain Jack, very similar to Two Tone in coloring on Two Tone's left side anyway...almost red burgundy feathers, with strings of bright orange and dark black green shine tail feathers. Beauties both of them.
Mind if I ask how old Cap'n' Jack is? My Beep2 is starting to look more like an EE roo every day. Jacks comb is a lot like my girl. Who I hope is always a girl. Eek!

We started with 5 EE (3 mostly light gray, one white with a little red, one pheasant colored) - came with a flock of 19 who needed a new home do to foreclosure. Just got a new one yesterday. A 9-month old 4H project, the only one out of 16 to survive a raccoon attack. They seem rather shy compared to our reds, orpingtons, and rocks. Very nice, pleasant hens. Have a harder time with the south Florida heat than our other breeds and only lay on the "cooler" days. I think it's the smaller comb on the original 4 that make it harder to dissipate the heat. The new one (named Chevy by the former owners son) has a big comb so we'll see how she compares once we integrate her with the flock.

George our 1yr old Silkie/EE. She has decided to hatch some eggs. Getting some Buff Brahma eggs tomorrow for her to sit on :)

Here she is eating bugs in my garden.

Enchilada being brave and about to peck the dogs foot through the gate.

Enchilada & Crab (who for some reason I can't get a good picture of) tring to get back in the main run/coop area. As soon as I open it they will go in and want right back out.

So I have a question for all experienced EE owners...
I new to raising chickens. My girls are only 9 days old. I paid for all girls. Now I know the company quaruntees correct sex. And I have till they are 18wks old, to be refunded if they turn out to be boys. But what I'm wondering is, how accurate is sexing newly hatched EE'S? I'm just hoping I don't have to start over with new chicks...
All 3 of my girls are still in what I like to call the chipmunk stage (the markings)but all look so different. The smallest has muddled markibgs and no eyeliner. The middle middle sized one has VERY sharp markings. And the last is quite chubby, dark eyeliner, and legs have changed color to almost a gray green.

So I have a question for all experienced EE owners...
I new to raising chickens. My girls are only 9 days old. I paid for all girls. Now I know the company quaruntees correct sex. And I have till they are 18wks old, to be refunded if they turn out to be boys. But what I'm wondering is, how accurate is sexing newly hatched EE'S? I'm just hoping I don't have to start over with new chicks...
All 3 of my girls are still in what I like to call the chipmunk stage (the markings)but all look so different. The smallest has muddled markibgs and no eyeliner. The middle middle sized one has VERY sharp markings. And the last is quite chubby, dark eyeliner, and legs have changed color to almost a gray green.

Pictures? :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom