Easter Egger club!

My EE on the other hand tho she is giving me an egg a day alto she later real late yesterday about 6pm when she finally dropped and egg I think today I might not get one from her becouse it's been getting later and later she started laying at 10am and every day been getting later so maybe she will miss a day then start the cycle again?

I agree with Chic Rookie, GLW I had were pretty but mean as all get out. So I rehome them.The EEs are happier and so is my timid Cochin.

Been spending all day today getting rid of drafts in my coop for winter it's getting there but need more materials now :( as you can see the nahbors chickens were more than happy too help me hahaha

My EE on the other hand tho she is giving me an egg a day alto she later real late yesterday about 6pm when she finally dropped and egg I think today I might not get one from her becouse it's been getting later and later she started laying at 10am and every day been getting later so maybe she will miss a day then start the cycle again?
I forget the timing of egg laying but it is never the same time, I am up and down all hours of the night so sometimes I will go collect at midnight.. lol I have had hens roosting in the middle of the night and lay an egg right there on the perch and of course the egg lands on the floor, I use the deep litter method so it don't break luckily, but always get a kick out of it for some reason.

Been spending all day today getting rid of drafts in my coop for winter it's getting there but need more materials now
sad.png
as you can see the nahbors chickens were more than happy too help me hahaha
Your neighbors chickens come visit you??? that is awesome... lol

I don't think I do but the one EE I got is only half the size of my other one so I was wondering if she is a bantom is there a way too tell? She is suppose too be the same age as my other one who is pure white while this one looks more like a seagul (so we named her Skuttel-little murmaid if any one remembers:D)

This applies when they are grown but her is a link to the weights of many breeds, both LF and bantam varieties

https://sites.google.com/a/larsencreek.com/chicken-orthopedics/body-weights

We got an 6 x 4 shed ( were supposed to anyway ) off e-bay for a very good price. and when the delivery came in it was not what the seller had pictured, not even close!! So it is on it's way back with a full refund including return shipping.
So DH went to Menards and got a 10 x 8 shed ( assembly required ) instead, We are running out of time before the cold hits and stays.
So we started on it today:

He had to make 2 trips to Menards for the right flooring.. lol he was not happy.
We ran out of daylight so all we got done was the framing for the floor. But hey it is a start. And the kids were watching EVERY little thing.. lol

like they knew it was for them.. lol Well hopefully finish it up tomorrow.

I have 2 EE's in my 4 chicken flock. I am brand new to all of this. Wasn't sure what kind of chickens I got when I received them, but I think I got a couple nice looking chickens. The other 2 are just white and kinda plain looking.

This is Cocoa

...and this is Black

-Puma-

I already posted a bunch about Dot. Stripes, Monique, and Twinkle. Including pictures. Chic chicks is the name of it if you want pictures

Back
Top Bottom