Easter Egger club!

I have a question :) I have an EE Roo. He has a pea comb, tuffs and beard and beautiful slate legs! My EE hen lays blue eggs. What are the odds they will produce all "blue" offspring???

I have a question :) I have an EE Roo. He has a pea comb, tuffs and beard and beautiful slate legs! My EE hen lays blue eggs. What are the odds they will produce all "blue" offspring???

Really depends on a few unknown factors. There is really no way of knowing if the hen is 'pure' for blue, even though she lays blue eggs. And there is no way of telling what genes the rooster has. Most of the pullets hatched should lay either blue or green, but there is always a small chance of white, cream, or brown. You just never know until you raise those pullets to laying age.

I'm curious to see which of your two girls winds up the dominant hen when they mature. During their non-laying or molting cycles the EEs seem to get subdued. Let us know how it goes. Chicks crack me up when their little tails start to grow
At first is was little annie who was top hen, now that Casey is getting braver she's stealing Annie's food and chest bumping her. She definitely will be boss over Annie, once they are old enough to put outside in the "be friends coop" i'll place next to the big girls coop i'm sure "Rawr" will argue to keep her place as flock leader.

At first is was little annie who was top hen, now that Casey is getting braver she's stealing Annie's food and chest bumping her. She definitely will be boss over Annie, once they are old enough to put outside in the "be friends coop" i'll place next to the big girls coop i'm sure "Rawr" will argue to keep her place as flock leader. 

Take a chair to the yard and get sat down when you do to make sure there isn't a throw down. My old top hen bout took out Fester when we introduced them. Sometimes it goes well others not. Good luck with them. I have a huge fluffy cochin who has an attitude currently. Crazy girl gets lined up by the rooster for it.

I ordered two Blue Wheaten Ameraucana sisters from a private breeder. The bigger sister was bossier than the littler sister (the little one died from unknown causes but not from being picked on). While the big sister was around the little sister she was brave. However, after she was integrated into the established flock she was bottom of the pecking order and still is 3 years later. But I don't mind her being non-combative and submissive because she is our largest bird at around 5-lbs and could hurt the littler gentler birds had she been aggressive.

I bought these babies at local feed store the lady vent sex them 5 have tails one doesn't, I asked for 5 females and 1 male , where they sexed right?

Way too early to tell, and In a few weeks you will have to get close up pictures of each chicken from the side and a good clear non fuzzy close up of theier comb to get good opinions. They just look like a mass of cute baby chickens at this point.I am surprised someone at the feed store knows how to vent sex, quite the asset hanging out in the feed store. Even if they did know what they were doing it is only 90 % accurate if they are good at it

Back
Top Bottom