Easter Egger club!

I know a lot of people just cull but I'm glad I didn't. My Roo is a very good Roo and it could have nothing at all to do with genetics but the shell it was in, incubation swings, who knows what other outside factors could have caused it...

That's a pretty good theory I'm just trying to get as many probiotics in her or his system to help digestion and give extra nutrition

We just had one the same. The other was twice as big. Now at 4 months they are almost the exact same size. No issues that we are aware of with her.

I know a lot of people just cull but I'm glad I didn't. My Roo is a very good Roo and it could have nothing at all to do with genetics but the shell it was in, incubation swings, who knows what other outside factors could have caused it...

I have two 5 week Easter Egger chicks and one isn't growing otherwise she seems fine but the other chick is a little more than twice her size

Sometimes she's a little more tired but she runs a round plays with the other chickens eat drinks and poops

She looks sick though. :-/ it could just be the pictures but... I have a bird with dwarfism (I guess how bantams started?) and he never hunkered down like that. He ran around like all the other crazy little ones, except he was the littlest.

Have they had any outside exposure where she could have picked something up? Post on the emergency board, maybe, see what those people say.

If she's had some exposure, I'd put them on liquid corid as a start for five days and look for improvement. Corid, as a note, does NOT work with ACV so don't mix those two.

That's only for cocci however, so keep an eye on her for anything else.

Are her nares dry and clean? Does she make the same noises as the others? How's her curiosity? Does she favour a heat source more than others?

Keeping her warm, dry, clean, well fed and watered is the best course. My dwarfed roo hung out under the heat lamp for much longer than the others. Now at night outside they huddle all around him. So cute. Bunch of big, fat, fluffy hens and this teeny tiny rooster head sticking up out of the middle.

Best of luck! Keep us posted, please.

She looks sick though. :-/ it could just be the pictures but... I have a bird with dwarfism (I guess how bantams started?) and he never hunkered down like that. He ran around like all the other crazy little ones, except he was the littlest.

Have they had any outside exposure where she could have picked something up? Post on the emergency board, maybe, see what those people say.

If she's had some exposure, I'd put them on liquid corid as a start for five days and look for improvement. Corid, as a note, does NOT work with ACV so don't mix those two.

That's only for cocci however, so keep an eye on her for anything else.

Are her nares dry and clean? Does she make the same noises as the others? How's her curiosity? Does she favour a heat source more than others?

Keeping her warm, dry, clean, well fed and watered is the best course. My dwarfed roo hung out under the heat lamp for much longer than the others. Now at night outside they huddle all around him. So cute. Bunch of big, fat, fluffy hens and this teeny tiny rooster head sticking up out of the middle.

Best of luck! Keep us posted, please.
I tried the emergency thread and got no real response she is a little hunkered down and that's only started yesterday and I started corid other wise she's very spunky curious runs around and doesn't necessarily favor the heat but does cuddle with the bigger birds when she can

I have two 5 week Easter Egger chicks and one isn't growing otherwise she seems fine but the other chick is a little more than twice her size

Sometimes she's a little more tired but she runs a round plays with the other chickens eat drinks and poops
That's a pretty good theory I'm just trying to get as many probiotics in her or his system to help digestion and give extra nutrition

I sure hope she makes it, she has beautiful coloring. A little tip I learned here regarding probiotics,The best source can be found in your own yard; give her a clump of grass or weeds. The whole clump, roots, dirt and all. The dirt not only gives her grit for her digestion but her body will be introduced to the local 'flora'. It will also help her build up resistance to any bad 'bugs' in your area as well.

I sure hope she makes it, she has beautiful coloring. A little tip I learned here regarding probiotics,The best source can be found in your own yard; give her a clump of grass or weeds. The whole clump, roots, dirt and all. The dirt not only gives her grit for her digestion but her body will be introduced to the local 'flora'. It will also help her build up resistance to any bad 'bugs' in your area as well.
That's a really good idea I'll try that in the morning thank you

this really sucks my EE chicks got the fowl pox and one cant see poor little babies i'm doing the best in my power to help them though this outbreak of the pox!
fl.gif

So what are you doing to combat the fowl pox ?

I thing my turkeys might have this but originally it was the extreme heat as their cheeks first started swelling up when the temps got over 120F degrees but it has been cooling down for over a week now and there is not much difference .

So what are you doing to combat the fowl pox ?

I thing my turkeys might have this but originally it was the extreme heat as their cheeks first started swelling up when the temps got over 120F degrees but it has been cooling down for over a week now and there is not much difference .

Turkeys can get mycoplasma that cause cheek swelling . In both cases the best cure is the ax . They will be carriers .

Back
Top Bottom