Easter Egger club!

I'll toss some peas out to them tomorrow. I've been giving them 16% layer crumble and just switched them over to pellets last week. They seem to be eating it fine, but I've been giving them watermelon rinds in the evening when it's been hot. I recently had to take their rooster out of the main coop b/c he was hurt and they wouldn't stop pecking at him, I put him back in tonight so we'll see what happens tomorrow. Maybe they missed their boyfriend. When I'd let the girls out they'd all go visit him. I'll give them some peas anyway. Thanks!
When it's hot, they eat less. Layer feed has just barely enough protein for egg production. A higher protein feed helps keep them producing through hot weather.

We have 2 11 week old Easter Eggers: Leia (As in Lay a Egg :p) and Violet.

I've been waiting to use this.... :p
welcome-to-the-internet-internet-demotivational-poster-1264714433.png.jpg
Ignore my insanity. :lol:

I like their names!

I have two EE I bought as pullets but suspect one to be a cockerel. They're almost 7 weeks old and the same size. The suspect Roo has rusty patches on its wings and a slightly bigger comb, although not very big or very pink. Thoughts? The first two pictures are the suspected cockerel and the second is one that I'm pretty confident is a pullet.

Attachments

• IMG_2705.JPG
    IMG_2705.JPG
    498.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2707.JPG
    IMG_2707.JPG
    450.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2708.JPG
    IMG_2708.JPG
    526.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2696.JPG
    IMG_2696.JPG