Easter Egger club!

Here's my little Lemonchello! Still cant believe how beautiful she is.View attachment 1126290

Your Lemonchello reminds me a lot of my Mocha :)
20170712_181122.jpg

And you never know just how those Easter Egger chicks will turn out. I've been breeding and hatching them for 3 years now and I still get surprises.

Yeah! We were only planning on getting 4 or 5 chicks this year, and no EEs.

Well.... Plans change. Sometimes dramatically so. :lau

How many do you have? Do you breed them just for fun, to sell or???
Honestly, can't give you an exact number. Breed them, working on a larger sized bird while maintaining laying ability. Most cockerels are food for the family. Pullets that don't fit with my breeding goals are sold. Got somewhere around 30 right now, but that's just a guess. Got a few more pullets to sell, some cockerels that need to go in the freezer, and then there is fall hatching, because I'm getting requests for chicks now that the feed stores have stopped stocking them.

Honestly, can't give you an exact number. Breed them, working on a larger sized bird while maintaining laying ability. Most cockerels are food for the family. Pullets that don't fit with my breeding goals are sold. Got somewhere around 30 right now, but that's just a guess. Got a few more pullets to sell, some cockerels that need to go in the freezer, and then there is fall hatching, because I'm getting requests for chicks now that the feed stores have stopped stocking them.

Well-rounded uses! Good to know they are good eating too.

IMG_6541.JPG
Haven't been able to figure this out-I have 3 hens who have feathers that's look like they have been cut. But they are a little sharp and it's just the shaft of the feathers. Can anyone help me with what this might be? It's not from mating.

Back
Top Bottom