Easter Egger contest!!

Well I don't actually have chickens right now....but I did. We had a fantastic group of ten hens-all different breeds-whan we lived in HI. Sadly we weren't able to take them with us when we moved but they are alive and well, living with my Aunt in tropical paradise!

Name: Little Edie
Class: Pullet
Notes: Little Edie was our pretty grey/blue(?) bantam ee. A funny little chicken girl. She was small, but mighty and laid the sweetest little blue-green eggs.

Name: Sally
Class: Pullet
Notes: Sally was my baby girl and I thought she was the most beautiful chicken in the WORLD. She was our shadow, always wanting to see what we were up to and always wanting a cuddle. She had these gorgeous eggs-almost olive green with just the slightest tinge of blue.

It's been two years since we moved and I miss these girls, along with the other eight, everyday. I can't wait until we move to a place we can have chickens again!

Here's one of my my EE cockerels

His name is Stu as in Chicken Stew...Too many Cockerels so someone's gonna go (have 4 males, 10 females - decided only need/want one male) and he's one of the three that's going to Freezer Camp.

I like his floppy comb

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He's grown up more and the comb is now red.

Camera shy

I need to get more photos of this cockerel. His hackle feathers have come in and they're "blond". This is going to be my keeper rooster. His comb is flat so he should handle the winter cold well and the blue egg laying gene should pass to offspring better than the floppy one above). This one's name is Hansel (I have fairy tale names for my girls).

CG
What's in blue has been added/edited.

Last edited:

Name: Rox
Class: Cock
Notes: -- he's the father of my hatchlings. I will be back to post beautiful daughters once I get a good picture of them. Also, I was googling in google images because I was wondering what a Columbian Chick's coloring would be and low and behold his picture popped up in about the 6th place. This astonished me beyond belief (him being after all an EE)--- you know google ranks things based on the number of hits.

Google image was the second picture of him... Tail has a green sheen and hackles and saddle feathers with light gold -- he's not only gorgeous but had his 15-minutes of fame. His beauty saved him more than once from extinction.

Last but not least, I think he is more like a Lakenvelder coloring or incomplete columbian, and the daughters are like silver quail -- according to the chicken calculator.

Last edited:
CG, your "keeper" is gorgeous!! I hope he is good to the ladies!;)
ChicKat, Rox sounds AMAZING!! He is a looker!
ETA You should enter him in the parent and child class with one of his kids! It doesn't matter how old the other bird is!

Last edited:

Name: Isis
Class: pullet
Notes: Isis is very sweet and docile, with striking contrasts in coloring. She ranges from such ice blue it is almost silver, to red, burnished with gold.
she prefers to sleep in the nest box rather than the roost... maybe she'll be my broody?

Name: Blu B'ree
Class: pullet
Notes: she is RLB, and like Isis, very tame. She is one of the dominant girls and she enjoys chasing my scaredy cat Hershey.

Name: Royce
Class: cockerel
Notes: even tho' he is my one remaining fellow, he is not a dominant bird. He rarely crows, and when he does, he's often mistaken for the scaredy cat, Hershey... he has a soft tenor crow. While he is not fond of being held, he will hang out at my feet for extended periods of time and is perfectly content to be stroked while he is roosting. He is only 19 weeks old and still changing weekly. He's quite colorful in the sun, nice and bright, all the colors of the rainbow.

Back
Top Bottom