Easter Egger Help

2 Magnolias Egg

Chirping
Jun 9, 2020
Hello everyone! I have 3, 15 week old Easter Eggers. I am torn on what sex they are. Any help from smarter people than I (which admittedly is a low bar to step over), would be greatly appreciated. If you would like a different/additional pics, please let me know.
IMG_4198.JPG

At 15 weeks you will have obvious cockerel signs. The first would be a very red comb and wattle. Theirs are small and pale. Next is feathering. Males tend to be more striking, more colorful while the females are more bland. They have rather typical feed store hatchery coloring. Quick tip, never select the odd colorful chick out of the bin. Higher probability it's a cockerel.
Still all girls. You won't see eggs for a while however

Thanks for your response! I appreciate it.
However, at 15 weeks, do these tail feathers have reason to make me nervous?
Those are ALL pullets! :celebrate

NO, the tail feathers DON'T make me nervous! Saddle feathers are key and your gals aren't sporting ANY pointy saddles... often coming in by 12 weeks...
1591803601090.png

Plus the size and color of combs is very telling, even though the bearding gene inhibits wattle size.

Please note that I don't claim to be smarter than anyone else... having more experience... MAYBE. But learning new thing every day, definitely! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom