Easter egger mommy???

Chicken Kate

Chirping
Feb 20, 2018
McLeansville North Carolina
So here is my deal.someone dropped a silkie Rooster (white and stunning) a swedish flower, Cali White and an easter egger into my coop. We dont know who did it or why...i do know that the egger has crooked messed up toes , she is picked on badly, so she free ranges all day and at night, i used to put her back into the coop. Today i saw how bad of an idea that is. So i placed her in the barn with my brooder boxes .She jumped into the one with the week to two week old babies. I had a heat lamp on them and still do. But i know they are under her. My question is, do i just move the brooder box further away from the heat lamp, or do i leave it? She is not laying yet btw so this is random and sweet, but i dont want her over heating ..or the babies over heating.

Some one just dumped them there? I would separate them to make sure they are healthy.
Yes they did. I did seperate them, so far all are fine, young and not yet laying..the roo, im sure is a year or close to it. I was shocked...and even better was that my brahama boys are fine with the silkie Rooster...not one fight. Yaaay.

Yes they did. I did seperate them, so far all are fine, young and not yet laying..the roo, im sure is a year or close to it. I was shocked...and even better was that my brahama boys are fine with the silkie Rooster...not one fight. Yaaay.
Brahmas cockerels and roosters are very tolerant of other cockerels or roosters and can live peacefully.

Brahmas cockerels and roosters are very tolerant of other cockerels or roosters and can live peacefully.
Ahhhhh see that? Another reason to love my Brahama's. i didnt know that, so thank you. I know that my Orp roo would not have been as happy lol.
I dont understand why someone would just drop their chickens at some one elses coop, but i sure am glad they chose me. i just hope my Egger keeps being such a great mommy.

Attachments

• 20180329_200902.jpg
    20180329_200902.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom