Easter Egger or Ameracuana

jessicam95

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 18, 2014
Tonganoxie, Kansas

When I got here she was in the Ameraucana bin. She has the puffy cheeks and everything! My other Ameraucanas lay bluish green eggs and she started laying beautiful brown eggs! I looked online and it said Ameraucana don't lay brown eggs but eater eggers do. What is the difference? Does this make her a mix breed?

Ameraucanas are true breeding birds of specific colors. Easter Eggers are crossbreds which may or may not carry the 'blue egg' gene. Your hen is an EE as are almost all of the chicks sold by suppliers as Ameraucanas. I would guess that your other hens are also EE. She is a beauty.

Ameraucanas are true breeding birds of specific colors. Easter Eggers are crossbreds which may or may not carry the 'blue egg' gene. Your hen is an EE as are almost all of the chicks sold by suppliers as Ameraucanas. I would guess that your other hens are also EE. She is a beauty.

She's an Easter Egger. Many hatcheries and feed stores sell Easter Eggers as Ameraucanas. Really, only breeders sell purebred Ameraucanas, though I believe that MyPetChicken also sells pure ones.

She's an Easter Egger. Many hatcheries and feed stores sell Easter Eggers as Ameraucanas. Really, only breeders sell purebred Ameraucanas, though I believe that MyPetChicken also sells pure ones.

Agreed on Easter Egger, but a very pretty one. Meyer Hatchery sells pure Blue Ameraucanas in addition to their EEs (a lot more expensive to buy though).

Back
Top Bottom