Easter Egger Pics!!!

Pics
Thank you. We love how she looks like a little hawk. This was her as a baby

I am excited to see how Olive turns out. I picked her because she was dark, hoping she will stay darker than Licorice. We will see.

Haha! Nice name switch :gig :thumbsup
I honestly wouldn't be TOO sure about rooster just yet... But then again I can see all oh him/her so go with your gut ;)

Frosty, with EEs it is impossible to tell what colors they'll be as adults. Lemme get a pic of Suzzie...

He has a bigger comb that's turning pink too. Four weeks old. Other people on this site say he's a roo and the shoulders make me believe.

How can you tell by the shoulders?

There is a really good thread about how to sex Easter eggers. Roosters tend to develop red on their shoulders and back and it shows up and becomes more obvious as they mature. Although there are hens that are red so the pattern matters too. My three chicks are my first Easter eggers. I've been reading everywhere on the site. I'm sure there are better people to help answer your questions than me. I have read that the colors and patterns can help sex them. We'll later on anyway. Mine are 4wks and only Idaho is showing definite signs. I'm hoping the other two are pullets but one is making me nervous. Time will tell.

OK Frosty, here is my Suzzie. For awhile we thought she was a roo, but since she's growing in silver chest feathers we've decided she isn't :yesss: her colors changed dramatically since she was a chick.

Aaaand I have to go :barnie YOU WILL SEE PICTURES OF MY CHICKIES :p

Molly.

Back
Top Bottom