Easter Egger Pullet or Cockerel?

The white one is too young for rooster feathers and there isn't anything positively identifying male or female otherwise.

The brown one has very even patterning and is almost certainly a pullet.

Here's a couple of pics of my EE cockeral and pullet, not best quality because I've cropped them both out of a larger picture. The comb should be your tell tale sign, these are at 9 weeks old. The bumps will go 3 wide on a cockeral, single on a pullet, asuming the usual lineage. Hopefully that'll help.
4147ADAB-7870-4362-98BD-FBA8FA159377.jpeg
54D9A3BF-6AD8-4D2B-927A-D0D08FE8DE1A.jpeg

Ok thank you all for your help! I am hoping that they are both pullets. Their combs are definitely on the smaller side and not getting much color yet. I know I just need to be patient to see but that is hard to do! Lol

I am still not completely sure but am thinking both are pullets based on their combs still not being very red at 12 weeks. Is hard to tell based on their feathers! Will update once they hopefully lay eggs (or crow) and I know for sure!

I am still not completely sure but am thinking both are pullets based on their combs still not being very red at 12 weeks. Is hard to tell based on their feathers! Will update once they hopefully lay eggs (or crow) and I know for sure!

you should be able to tell based upon feathers by now. here is what your looking for near the tail...
Saddle Feathers.jpg

Here are my new babies, Millie and Greta. Three weeks old. They are inseparable and adorable. They look very similar to yours!

Attachments

• 55866976-939C-4CFB-9C71-D2715279357A.jpeg
    55866976-939C-4CFB-9C71-D2715279357A.jpeg
    468.2 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom