Easter Egger Pullet Squad - help identify!

Ajp23

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Oct 3, 2023
Hi! These ladies are 16 weeks old and I am fascinated by them! Prior to this group of chicks, we have had chickens that are a specific breed and easy to identify. I’m new to EEs and interested in learning more about them. Can anyone help me identify what breeds may have been used to produce these EEs? What I find so intriguing is how similar they looked as chicks, even though they are so unique now. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_6271.jpeg
    IMG_6271.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6254.jpeg
    IMG_6254.jpeg
    931.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6261.jpeg
    IMG_6261.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6268.jpeg
    IMG_6268.jpeg
    982.9 KB · Views: 34
Thank you for the input! I wish I could find a good picture from when they were chicks because they nearly looked identical. Then they feathered out and became so unique from one another. Anyway, they have been a fun group to watch and take care of!

what hatchery did you purchase them from? and yes, EEs are super fun to watch develop. One time I brought home 3 chicks, all brown and tan. One grew up to be white with black, one was cream colored, and on was partridge. The one time I got a black chick and she ended up being partridge with black lacing. Just never can tell with these. (They are my favorite "breed" to have in my flock - I get mine from Townline Hatchery).

Those were from Valley Hatchery and you are right about them being interesting to observe! I like them so much, I got three more EE pullets since I made that post 😂. They are about four months old.

Attachments

• IMG_6449.jpeg
    IMG_6449.jpeg
    977.8 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom