Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

This is Elvis and Missy. I think Missy is female but would like to see what you all think.
1f414.png
1f413.png
?

My broodie silkie hatched out four chicks in September. Three of them are EE, (Welsummer X Black Americauna), and the one on the far right, next to ( His?) mother is pure BBS Americauna. (Blue hen, black rooster- the offspring looks blue, but is suspiciously dark on the wings) They are all feathered out now, I was hoping for olive eggers, but I'm wondering if I have any girls among them at all
idunno.gif

The last one is here, which I think may also be a little cockerel. One suspiciously red feather near his shoulder. Really friendly though, walked right up next to me so I could get a clear photo. Thanks for any help from other eyes!

My broodie silkie hatched out four chicks in September. Three of them are EE, (Welsummer X Black Americauna), and the one on the far right, next to ( His?) mother is pure BBS Americauna. (Blue hen, black rooster- the offspring looks blue, but is suspiciously dark on the wings) They are all feathered out now, I was hoping for olive eggers, but I'm wondering if I have any girls among them at all
idunno.gif

Cockerel, Pullet, need a better pic.

The last one is here, which I think may also be a little cockerel. One suspiciously red feather near his shoulder. Really friendly though, walked right up next to me so I could get a clear photo. Thanks for any help from other eyes!

Last one is a cockerel. Also, the yellow skin indicates that your Ameraucana are not actually Ameraucana, but Easter Eggers.

Last edited:
Last one is a cockerel. Also, the yellow skin indicates that your Ameraucana are not actually Ameraucana, but Easter Eggers.
Thank you for the quick response!

I was trying to make three olive eggers- but it brings me hope that you think one of them might eventually lay eggs.
Thanks again!
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom