Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Thanks for your response! I was hoping the silver one was female, as it's the friendliest EE. Here is a picture of the comb on EE #1.

FullSizeRender(6).jpg

Yes, he is definitely a cockerel. From the photo it looks like you still have them in a brooder?
At 7 weeks they are old enough to be outside.

Yes, they are still in the garage at night and when no one is home to keep an eye out, but they do get outside (and love it). We are nearly finished with the fencing and then out they to their permanent place.

Thanks for your response! I was hoping the silver one was female, as it's the friendliest EE. Here is a picture of the comb on EE #1.

View attachment 655370
Yes, that looks like a pullet comb... single thinnish raised ridge down the center, not yet red. Compare to the white chick, with a fat red boy comb. Then look at Brown 2, which to me looked somewhere in between. Not always 100% accurate, but males usually develop what looks like 3 parallel bumpy ridges, even before they turn red. If you can look more closely and see what type of comb it has, you might be able to determine the sex. If it's still not clear, best to wait to be sure.

Too bad you like the silver so much... I would have gladly taken her off your hands! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom