Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

If they want to breed their EEs for specific colors go for it. I suppose they could even copyright the name. Any that don't come out the right color just go in the "normal EE" pen. Just don't breed a snowy EE to another snowy EE and expect to get snowy EE chicks. It MAY happen but EEs, given their mixed genetics, don't breed true. Of course someone could start their own snowy EE breeding program and see if they can get birds that will breed true. That is how the APA Ameraucana was developed from EEs in the 70's.

$16/chick seems kinda expensive but I guess they are "rare" since you can't pick one up just anywhere.

There is no such thing as a "snowy white" Easter Egger, or any other named color ;) They are just Easter Eggers. I got one in 2015 that was white with the most minimal pale peach color on her head. That peach spread along her body. She also lays blue eggs.
This was her at 6 weeks with Penelope. Penelope's barring was slowly replaced with her juvenile moults:
View attachment 1237816

This was them at 3.5 months:
View attachment 1237818 View attachment 1237817

The cockerel I got in my last order was a Barnevelder and I knew he was male by 3 weeks. Just SO different from the female in stance and speed of feathering.
So pretty!

I posted my own thread with a EE bantam that I’m questioning. I’m getting mixed answers so because there’s a ton of responses here... I’m hoping to get more solids answers. This one looks pullet to me but has some questionable feathering.

Attachments

• 0AEF1E9E-E339-444B-9C2A-E08F625CEBE6.jpeg
    0AEF1E9E-E339-444B-9C2A-E08F625CEBE6.jpeg
    568.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 87BD57EF-7B13-4DFE-8BE1-D06CB6CED99E.jpeg
    87BD57EF-7B13-4DFE-8BE1-D06CB6CED99E.jpeg
    472.7 KB · Views: 26
  • F32AA24C-BC85-40FD-8CB7-B25BDAA11952.jpeg
    F32AA24C-BC85-40FD-8CB7-B25BDAA11952.jpeg
    386.7 KB · Views: 25
  • E9FD3BF7-9F79-4E0C-BAEA-6C6DF1D003FA.jpeg
    E9FD3BF7-9F79-4E0C-BAEA-6C6DF1D003FA.jpeg
    538.6 KB · Views: 25
Hmmmm... she was and is still pure white. So while she was still teeny, I read up on them to make sure we had actually got an EE that we thought we had. Many places, including this BYC forum made reference to them being a “snowy white EE”. Oh well, the name sounds dignified, even if it isn’t a real classification :hit.. :). I had also seen that the all white was more rare than the patterned variety, but I don’t know the validity of that either. I DO know I love our EE girls and wouldn’t want to be without them in our flock :)
Hi! I have a completely white EE. She started yellow and fluffy, turned white, had never had any other color on her, no pattern. She had a muff and beard. I think her mom is a hatchery EE, and her dad is an EE roo. Her sister is white with a black pattern. I'll have to see if I can get a pic of her now that she is grown up! I am hoping to hatch some of her eggs this spring. View attachment 1243630 She is really cute! I love that the EEs are always a mystery! Enjoy your little beauties!

IMG_1124.JPG
IMG_1124.JPG
IMG_1130.JPG
Hi! I have a completely white EE. She started yellow and fluffy, turned white, had never had any other color on her, no pattern. She had a muff and beard. I think her mom is a hatchery EE, and her dad is an EE roo. Her sister is white with a black pattern. I'll have to see if I can get a pic of her now that she is grown up! I am hoping to hatch some of her eggs this spring. View attachment 1243630 She is really cute! I love that the EEs are always a mystery! Enjoy your little beauties!
Ok, here is our white EE. She has no pattern, any color on her is out good ol SC red clay. Her daddy is right next to her. The other pic is her white and black sister.

Attachments

• BW and Beauty 7-6-16.jpg
    BW and Beauty 7-6-16.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 25

Back
Top Bottom