Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I have a 6-7 week (I think) EE that I bought from the local feed store. They were supposed to be sexed, but I think I may have gotten a roo. Could you experts weigh in and let me know what you think? Thanks so much for your help since I'm new to this.

Pullet! The pattern starts at the head and continues evenly down the body. No splotches of color or dark red on the wings. Small comb.

Here is a better shot of the frizzles comb.
All your EEs look like pullets to me. The crele colored one does have darker red wings, but I don't see any hackles, so am looking forward to the new pics to see for sure.
smile.png

I have a 6-7 week (I think) EE that I bought from the local feed store. They were supposed to be sexed, but I think I may have gotten a roo. Could you experts weigh in and let me know what you think? Thanks so much for your help since I'm new to this.

The comb does look pink, but this looks like a pullet to me. 6 weeks is when things really start changing for most EE cockerels, so if the comb doesn't 'bloom' and no rusty red comes in on the wings in the next week or 2, you can relax and enjoy your pretty pullet.
smile.png

That third picture shows some red blooming in the back -- it's hidden in every other photo. A shot from above or behind showing that more clearly would be helpful but I really think this is a slooooooow cockerel.

So cute! I've never seen a crele EE before. Don't think the comb is big enough to be a roo at 5 months, so I'm still thinking pullet. Interested to see what others think.
It was suppose to be an ameraucana like all my chicks but they are all EE's and I love them just the same. I just don't want to rehome any girls by mistake.

They are all girls (except the one sitting down - I think that is a boy, but picture isn't great). Especially at 5 months old.

I'll probably post these a lot.. only if the shoe fits though ;) These birds bellow are 5 months and 1 year (the girl is one year).

Okay, so I was positive both of my EE's were roosters. Now I don't know after aoxa's posts. I guess I have no idea what I'm doing. Mine are 8 weeks.

Okay, so I was positive both of my EE's were roosters. Now I don't know after aoxa's posts. I guess I have no idea what I'm doing. Mine are 8 weeks.

Darker one is 1000% a pullet.

The lighter one is most likely a pullet, though it is interesting that she has such dark red patches on the shoulders. I think you'll find that this one does not develop into a cockerel, even though she has that red coloring, as the rest of her pattern and her comb says pullet.

No worries at all here. No doubt that is a girl!

You won't see the male feathers until 12-14 weeks. Your first one is a girl, and the second I want to say girl, but the patches on the wings.. I'm not ready to decide based on the pictures. The comb is so small...

Back
Top Bottom