Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I have been reading all the information about sexing EE for weeks now. So I just started noticing that I had seven EE that started missing their feathers on their backs and on their tails. At first I thought it was lice or mites. I dusted the coop . cleaned the coop. dusted the birds. Then we witnessed the roo fight in our coop.
I decided to put the hunting camera in the coop two days ago. I watched the video today 111 of them. I have seven EE roos out of the 13 I purchased. They are really pecking each other's feathers out. and getting in to fights.
So either I can trim the beaks or can put them in separate cages till they are ready for the freezer. It is really frustrating to see all their feather's gone. I have 29 and only the 7 are having the problem.
What to do ? What to do?
These are my first pullets and roo's.
he.gif

Last edited:
Darker one is 1000% a pullet.

The lighter one is most likely a pullet, though it is interesting that she has such dark red patches on the shoulders. I think you'll find that this one does not develop into a cockerel, even though she has that red coloring, as the rest of her pattern and her comb says pullet.

No worries at all here. No doubt that is a girl!
You won't see the male feathers until 12-14 weeks. Your first one is a girl, and the second I want to say girl, but the patches on the wings.. I'm not ready to decide based on the pictures. The comb is so small...

The white headed one is boy. Didn't see any definate "boy" signs on the black one. But I'm not ready to say "girl" either.

CG

Thanks guys! I thought the white one was a girl until those patches red developed. We'll have to see. I really hope it's a girl. Then I'll only have three roosters to get rid of this year.

Hi, I posted these pic on another thread to find out my Amerucana hatchery pullet is really an EE, can anyone tell by the pic if she is a she, gosh I hope that got that much correct!!!
fl.gif
Thanks for your help

Okay, so I was positive both of my EE's were roosters. Now I don't know after aoxa's posts. I guess I have no idea what I'm doing. Mine are 8 weeks.
I see pullets here. The red looks to be elsewhere, not just the wing and not in true patch form. See how the red feathers aren't solid red but rather have the patterning running through them?

I see pullets here. The red looks to be elsewhere, not just the wing and not in true patch form. See how the red feathers aren't solid red but rather have the patterning running through them?

Yes, thank you. This makes me very happy because I think the black one is beautiful. I need to work on my EE sexing skills-or totally lack there of. Hopefully, I'll get better with more experience. I am grateful to you experienced folks more than you'll ever know. And so thankful for BYC!

Back
Top Bottom