Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Motts, she could be my Hazel's twin sister. Confident you have a pullet.

Hazel:

She's a 2YO hen now -- lays green eggs.

Last edited:
Hello all! I'm hoping someone can help me determine whether or not I have a cockerel on my hands. I have two 5-week old Easter Egger 'pullets' and I noticed that one of them has a more prominent comb... but their bodies are very similar in shape, and I don't see any of the dark red feathering that seems to be common with the males. What do you think?

Pullet in question is in the back (center)

Thank you, this was very helpful. I think I have a little roo. Beyonce looks totally different than Rhianna. Her feathers are white w/gray and not as smooth nor lay down like Rhianna's, also B's feathers are not as developed as R's. Both are nearly 4 weeks old, and when I let them out to free range during the day. Beyonce runs of the larger pullets away and is protective of Rhianna.

Hi. Do you have any pics you can post? Love to see them. You'll have to teach them to sign autographs.
cool.png

The rest of the questionable EEs I posted last week are finally getting their muffs and beards. I went out this morning and its like overnight they have more fuzz around their cute little faces! :) I haven't had any more eggs though. :( I'm already feeding layer feed to them. What else can I give to make them lay faster?

The rest of the questionable EEs I posted last week are finally getting their muffs and beards. I went out this morning and its like overnight they have more fuzz around their cute little faces!
smile.png
I haven't had any more eggs though.
sad.png
I'm already feeding layer feed to them. What else can I give to make them lay faster?

Don't give layer feed until all have started laying. Too much calcium can cause problems. Better to give an all-flock type of feed without extra calcium and offer oyster shells on the side for those who need it.

Glad they got their facial fuzz
cool.png
. There is no way I know of to get them laying sooner, just give good nutrition and keep them as healthy as possible. You can't speed up nature!

Thanks for advice. Now I have to go over to the sick chickens forum and figure out what in the name of h e double hockey sticks is wrong with my poor bantam. We just got him Saturday...after DH soldy beautiful healthy 4 Plymouth hens and turned around and got 3 bantams. Ugh! I'm still teed about it.

A few pages back someone mention ear color and relation to egg color. Could someone elaborate on this? This is the first I've heard of that and I'm curious about it.

Back
Top Bottom